Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • carron valley whats its like
  • karnali
    Free Member

Just found osme brief details on the place, what are the trails like, is there much else to do up there thinking of having a night or 2 nearby with the wife

ta

pixelmix
    Free Member

If you are in the area it is fine for a quick blast, although I wouldn’t go out of your way. Short trail with a nice jumpy section near the end (lots of small doubles and table tops). You can do part loops quite easily as it is a sort of a figure of 8. No facilities nearby other than a toilet block.

I haven’t been for a year or two so can’t comment on current conditions.

legend
    Free Member

Currently likely to be an ice cube. As above, it’s one to try if you’re in the area, certainly not worth travelling any distance to get there

stevemtb
    Free Member

Runway is currently closed until sometime in February I think. That’s the jumpy bit at the end and the bit that’s worth looping around.

It’s about the same time/distance from me to Glentress so I only go as it’s closer for my cousin. Even at that we meet at GT more often!

As mentioned it’s not bad for a loop if you’re in the area but I certainly wouldn’t travel there with the Runway closed.

Northwind

Yeah, Runway is a fairly large part of the trail, it’s not a glentress or similiar where you can lose a section and still have a respectable ride.

It’s not a bad ride at all though, I like it- need to get back there. But it’s not a standout. From Edinburgh, Glentress and Innerleithen are closer, and Comrie Croft isn’t much further and is brilliant, so it suffers from the Ae Effect.

yetidave
    Free Member

if your wanting smooth non-technical try Callender Estates trails behind falkirk wheel, if your wanting something more try the North Third res loop, or if frosty (some damp sections) go up Dumyat, from Bridge of Allan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘carron valley whats its like’ is closed to new replies.