Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carron Valley; Status
  • Merak

Considering a few loops on my X bike tomorrow. Weather is *wild* at the moment. Just wondered if anyone had been there today/recently and could give me the gen?

Also, is the road between Fintry and Carron valley re-surfaced now? It was truly atrocious the last time I was on it.

Cheers

hainman
    Free Member

hey merak,i was up last friday and was in generally good nik,the road up to it is a riot though….the carpark was mostly closed as they wer doing work on it so you had to park round near the toilets

althepal

The road is fine to cv, the acess is a bit restricted as someone said above, guessing it’ll be cold and blowy at the mo!
    Reckon snow might not be too far away..

stucol
    Free Member

Think you might have snow there in the morning !

The roads over there are terrible. Was over the Tak, Top o the world and Crow a few weeks ago on the road bike. The stretch past the Clachan is like a special stage.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Few of the guys had a night ride there on wednesday and everything seems fine 🙂

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Trails riding well the last couple of times I have been up. Sloppy everywhere else but dry up ther with the exception of a copule of puddles on the section after pipe dream. Tend to head up over the tak me doon road as the road in from Denny is $hit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley; Status’ is closed to new replies.