Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carron Valley rescue
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about it? Reported earlier this week, anyone know who it was? They called in the MOD to airlift them due to the difficulty of the rescue 😯

Waderider
    Free Member

I might go there tomorrow. Any bloodstains, gore on the track, buzzing flies around human remains etc. I'll let you know 😕

swiss01
    Free Member

i was there. some wee kid have overestimated his skill level and burled into the burn at eas dubh. he was a bit banged up but needing to get a proper checking out so had to go to hospital. the air ambulance came but couldn't get landed nearby so by the time it would'v taken us to carry him out the sea king was on its way.

gave himself a bit of a fright but hopefully he's okay

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good news then, glad it wasnt anything too terminal!

stucol
    Free Member

So, that will have been, i guess at the Staircase ?

The new improved Staircase ?

The new improved safer Staircase ?

The new improved safer two chicken run Staircase ?

The spoiled Staircase ?

I could be wrong however !

swiss01
    Free Member

the very place. i did ask him what line he'd taken but even when he'd gotten more oriented he couldn't really remember. one of his teachers saw him piling into the burn tho and it sounded reasonably spectacular. some top quality scrapes and bruising but very, very lucky not to have any (obvious) breaks.

i was a bit bemused as to how anyone might manage to fall off at this spot now that it's been sanitised, short of it being covered in ice but it seems it's do-able!

Waderider
    Free Member

It was probably safer when it looked more difficult. Ah, didn't think of that now, did they? Bloody officially sanctioned trail vandals.

Make it flat, smooth, and straight. That'll get the masses exercising safely.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It couldn't be any more safe/smooth to be honest, it's not even an obstacle now, but I have to say the 3 different routes are not much different from each other apart from the middle one seems to be very gravelly which might catch out a newbie, but that's mad as it is a "chicken run" for the main smooth lump.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley rescue’ is closed to new replies.