Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carron Valley Question
  • kd48

I was there last weekend and noticed a path going down, just to the left of the start of The Runway.

Is this a return route back up to the top of The Runway ? If so, where does it start from ?

Nothing on the Forestry Commission map.

Cheers

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that path too, I was told it was the start of the route from the bottom of the runway, but it doesn’t go anywhere for now.

Why not email Andy the FC ranger and ask him?

thegman67

The path only goes down a short distance then stops

kd48

Thanks for that folks, guess we’re just stuck with the long way round for each run.

dancingfool
    Free Member

it goes all the way down to just behind the toilet block but is only properly made for the first 20meters.
    talking to a guy up there last summer who says there taking it all the way over the top of the hill to the tak ma doon road. dont know if its true mind

seosamh77
    Free Member

dancingfool – that would great and make access from croy better, some kind trail down the other side to kilsyth would be great too bit of wishful thinking there i think though.

DickBarton

There is a trail down…but it isn’t great…

kd48

it goes all the way down to just behind the toilet block but is only properly made for the first 20meters.

dancingfool

Is it rideable all the way back up to the start of The Runway?

BoardinBob

You don’t need to go all the way round to get back to the start of the Runway.

After you’ve finished the Runway, go back through the carpark, up the first fireroad climb, join the first bit of singletrack and when it spits you back out onto the fireroad, don’t rejoin the singletrack on the right hand side, just continue on up the fireroad and you’ll be back at the top of the Runway. 10 minutes max to get back to the top.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley Question’ is closed to new replies.