Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carron Valley conditions?
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a couple of laps of CV tomorrow with a friend. Anyone out that way got an idea of conditions / whether the road there will be reasonable?

I expect there will be an inch or two of snow, but hopefully rideable?

bigG
    Free Member

Was up today, see here for my full report & pics.

In short, don’t bother..

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks bigG – much appreciated. Probably not worth the drive then.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Thanks for the info bigG, its only a 20 min drive for me to get there but its nice to know without wasting my time, was gonna go up there tomorrow morning, might take a run down Venechar side in the morning, see what thats like.

munkyboy
    Free Member

anyone know whats CV is like now?

iainc

the Glentress/Innerleithen thread suggests mostly thawed there, so would expect similar at CV. tropical 10 deg in Glasgow today

thegman67

Just spoke to Andy Gallegher CV is still closed the car park is under 4″ of ice and eas duhb and the runway completely covered in ice and snow totally unrideable we where hoping to get up their tonight not now

bigG
    Free Member

oh bugger, where am I meant to go night riding now?

iainc

CV is still closed the car park is under 4″ of ice and eas duhb and the runway completely covered in ice and snow totally unrideable we where hoping to get up their tonight not now

jeez, I would never have expected that much still there ! could try Mugdock ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley conditions?’ is closed to new replies.