Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • carron valley anybody been there today ?????
  • keith2005motorcross
    Free Member

what are the conditions on the trail at c/v is it worth going tommorrow ?

bigG
    Free Member

Not today, was up on Friday. Couple of pics below. There’s a bit of snow, that has now had the chance to freeze over nicely and rut up. Might be worth a punt but from my experience I’d not travel a long way to face disappointment. Carron Valley doesn’t thaw very quickly.

A few of the open bits were rutted already and I was first rider up on Friday. Maybe with a bit more traffic today it may have broken up a bit. Report back if you do go.

Ps it was bloody freezing at the top so wrap up warm!

Top of eas dubh,

Singletrack climb, with added Panther tracks (it might just be a cat)

Open fire road near the top

Fun park, very rideable

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not been but after a cursory glance out of the window at the Campsies I’d say it’ll PROBABLY have about 2-4 inches of snow and be at least rideable (judging from previous years). They look fairly devoid of snow at the moment but the back side seems to get hit harder and last time I saw ~6 inches on this side there was over a foot and a half on the other side and it was unrideable. HtH

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah bit slow, there ya go!

Brake-neck
    Free Member

This was Carron at 3 PM today, all trails very rideable, couple of inches at the top and all snow nice and grippy 🙂

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘carron valley anybody been there today ?????’ is closed to new replies.