Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carron Valley
  • iain1775
    Free Member

In Cumbernauld for a few days with work week after next
    Going to take the bike up with me, anywhere worth visiting (apart from GT on the journey up)
    Whats Carron Valley like, I know there is a 10km red route there but also aware all the grand schemes for the forest fell to pieces
    Is there much other stuff to make it worth an explore

organic355
    Free Member

Carron valley is great fun for an hour or so blast, but you cant really spend the day there even if you go round twice.

Its worth a visit though!!

iain1775
    Free Member

thats all I want, just an hour or so early evening to wind down after work (will have lots of meetings that may get quite heated and stressed!)

iainc

if you have transport and lights you are welcome to come out with Glasgow Mountain Bike Club at Mugdock – about 30 min drive from Cumbernauld. 7pm Tue and 745 Wed. Cheers

iain1775
    Free Member

iainc thanks mate, I might do that, will have to check on the lights situation, forgot to keep recharging them again all summer, battery probably knacked again now 🙁

imnotverygood

Out of interest. What happened at Carron valley? Without anyone saying anything libellous of course. I had a look at the Carron Valley Development Group website, but it all seemed a bit complex to me other than the fact they blame the FC. Has anyone got a simple (unbiased )view of what went wrong?

NickScots
    Free Member

I think they decided to stop development and fund elsewhere. Simples…

Nick

NickScots
    Free Member

Cumbernauld to Comrie Croft should be about an hr, great technical trails. I go there rather than CV and it's a quiet natural route.

bigG
    Free Member

Here's what happened at CV _ the truth

Here's a couple of recent vids that I took of CV to give you an idea of the trails

Eas Dubh

Fun park and cannonball

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley’ is closed to new replies.