Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carron Valley.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was thinking of taking the kids there tomorrow, I haven’t been for years as I didn’t think it was worth the effort but I remember it being fairly kid friendly. I vaguely remember it being abandoned by the FC but don’t remember the details so is it worth a trip? I think it’s about 45mins from mine so not a major trip away.

DickBarton

Depends…climb up and fun going down…the kids will probably like it even if you don’t. Apparently got a few patches of snow on it – I’m heading there tonight so I’ll post up later and report what it is like.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Where do you stay? Wee ones will prefer aberfoyle bike park i reckon.

legend
    Free Member

Loads of snow fallen on the Campsies today, so the trails way well be interesting

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m just below Edinburgh, so Aberfoyle looks a bit far for what it is.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’d go to glentress then. Lots of folk still using carron valley but it’s nothing compared to GT.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Or take them to calendar estate near Falkirk, or beecraigs at Linlithgow?

Northwind

Why not just strap the kids to your bike and ride down everything top speed, like in the old days?

Calendar estate is a good suggestion, it’s pretty compact but there’s a lot going on and the trails are pretty accessible. Pump track and the likes by the cafe The climb’s a wee bit stiff in places mind.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We’ve been to Falkirk a few times and Glentress lots so trying to think of somewhere else not a million miles away. Thinking GT might be a bit tricky for them at the moment, guessing there’s a fair bit of ice/compacted snow. Looks like a couple of laps of the green and blue at Falkirk followed by ice cream.

DickBarton

Just back…no ice and the snow isn’t deep but it is thick – nice cracking sound as you ride through it. Proper thick though as it keeps grabbing the wheel (I was crapping myself and questioned why I was riding a 16 year old hardball thinking I had the skills to manage it – I didn’t but I didn’t fall off but near enough a good few dozen times).

The downs are fine – the other 4 riders had no problems so clearly it was just my lack of skill and ability.

Suspect it’ll freeze tonight though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley.’ is closed to new replies.