Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Carron and Firefox multifuel stoves, any views?
  • spooky_b329

We are trying to choose a stove, I like the enamel Carron 4.7 as recommended by the Installer, my wife likes the Firefox 5.

Both available from the installer, both Defra approved, the Carron takes 300mm logs V 250mm for the Firefox which is a plus for me. I also like the Tiger stove but it needs a bigger flue which I think is too large for the chimney.

Can’t find much in the way of reviews, any opinions? They are both at the budget end of the range but being realistic, we want one for the atmosphere and as supplementary heating so its hard to justify spending much over £700 for the stove.

globalti
    Free Member

We have two Dovre 250s, which we love. The best advice I’ve seen is always to err on the side of a smaller stove, which means you’ll be burning it harder and hotter, which is cleaner and better for the flue.

globalti
    Free Member

We have two Dovre 250s, which we love. The best advice I’ve seen is always to err on the side of a smaller stove, which means you’ll be burning it harder and hotter, which is cleaner and better for the flue.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

Thanks, did look at the Dovre so might take another look.

Mugboo

Anybody tried a Mendip stove? Can’t find any reviews for them 🙁

Had a Stovax Stockton 5 at the last house which we had 4 trouble free years out of.

infradig
    Free Member

Have a Firefox 8. Two winters of heavy use an it has held up great. Our installer who also does the chimney sweeping says it’s better than most stoves twice the price or more. he’s seen a fair few stoves so his opinion is probably worth more than mine, but we’ve been very pleased with the Firefox.

spooky_b329

Firefox 5 ordered 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Carron and Firefox multifuel stoves, any views?’ is closed to new replies.