Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Carrie fisher
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqIXbdlpa4[/video]

bigbloke
    Free Member

Gutted just gutted .

geoffj

RIP

Drac

beefheart
    Free Member

peteimpreza

So sad! I am a total SW nerd and a little part of my childhood has just passed on

tpbiker
    Free Member

Of all the celebs who have passed away this one is prob the first I felt I had some attachment to. Rip princess…may the force be with you 🙁

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Apparently she’d finished filming on SW8, so we’ll get to see Leia one more time..

#bittersweet..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Heard about it just before watching Rogue One, during the trailers.

🙁

monde
    Free Member

An absolute hero to me.
    Apart from adoring her in Star Wars it was the way she was so outspoken about Mental Health and took on the role of the unofficial poster child of the manic depressive!
    Took a lot of flak when she first opened up about it in the 90’s but was one of the first major celebrities to do so and was a wonderful advocate until the end.
    She will be missed..

stewartc
    Free Member

Don’t usual comment on these RIP threads but as a Star Wars fan I’m I little sad this morning, as well as Leia she will also be that mad Girlfriend from the Blue Brothers to me.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY4YOsjCI-Q[/video]

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yes,
    Very sad.
    A total legend and every boys dream when I was younger.
    She will be missed.
    Max

mboy
    Free Member

Staggered to hear of yet another idol’s passing in what can only be described as the darkest of years… I’ve been indifferent regarding many of the sad passings this year, but taking both Prince and Carrie in the same year has not been kind!

2016 looks to be finishing just as it started, the remorseless outlier that **** with many of our childhood fantasies!

I’m just glad that I’ll always be a little short to be a stormtrooper…

dannyh
    Free Member

Very sad news as she was definitely a liver of life. Is it wrong to be jealous of Jabba the Hutt, what with THAT costume and all?

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ97s396kb0[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

@ Klunk.

There’s some real venom in there, masked slightly by the humour.

I watched A New Hope again today and I’d forgotten her incredible smile, which you can see signs of in that clip. It’s a shame she didn’t smile more in life.

scotroutes

Eek! That’s Debbie Reynolds now too. Can’t imagine what her family are going through.

seadog101

Her Mum too?…. 😥

wallop

Crumbs!

deviant
    Free Member

Chances of surviving a cardiac arrest outside of hospital is around 1%…..not good even with good CPR from a Dr and Nurse on the flight.

Depends on how much of her heart died during the cardiac arrest as to how bad her heart failure was afterwards, someone can look on the up and then suddenly crash.

RIP

ratherbeintobago

Chances of surviving a cardiac arrest outside of hospital is around 1%…..not good even with good CPR from a Dr and Nurse on the flight.

IIRC it’s better than that – non-shockable arrests in hospital have a 4% survival to discharge and I’m sure out of hospital, especially when witnessed, is higher than that.

Edit – Google suggests the AMA stats give 5.2% as worst case, and 31.7% for witnessed, shockable arrests

jambalaya
    Free Member

RIP to Debbie Reynolds, it must be desperately sad to see your child die.

jamj1974

^^Can’t imagine anything worse.

mikey74
    Free Member

RIP to Debbie Reynolds, it must be desperately sad to see your child die.

One thing one of my Uncles said at my Gran’s funeral last week was that she had lived to be 96 without having to bury any of her children.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Carrie fisher’ is closed to new replies.