Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carriage service for a large pallete?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a courier to collect and deliver a hydraulic power pack. Its about a 1m cube. Collection from the midlands – deliver to Fife.

Any good experiences? Costs?

thomthumb
    Free Member

haven’t done it for a while but used top frequently do it for work. i just used google to find one. all seemed ok. is there a fork lift requirement? got caught out with that one before…

Last time I asked it was about £60 to send a pallet anywhere in the country. Probably a bit more if you want it collected and they will expect you to load it as well.
    Try searching for PalletLine, PalletExpress or any other transport company with *pallet* in the name and phone them for a quote.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

£60? Really?

footflaps

We use Charles Kendal Freight at work, but £60 seems way too cheap.

You sound surprised. Were you expecting it to cost more or less ?
    I sent some Land Rover wheels from Worcester to Edinburgh.
    At the time, I worked next door to a transport company which was in one of those pallet networks.
    I loaded the wheels on to the pallet and strapped them on in their yard.
    They charged me £60 cash.
    It was the cheapest way I could find of posting four Land Rover wheels and tyres.

singletrackmind

I use Palletline all the time at work .

We pay about £55 wit out frequent flyer discount .

The problem you are up against is not the distance , its the fact its Scotland . There might be a surcharge . If its a std 100 x 120 x 150 , weighing less than 1 ton you should be ok

Try Palletline , ask for a 3 day economy service ( if its not time dependant ) Always better to send on a Monday , for wed / thur as things get damaged with extra movement with ‘over weekend’ stops.

Alternatively find a big haulier near Fife and get a price for a ‘Back Load’ only really works if there is a sensible time window ie 4 -5 days . Can be extraordinarily cheap.

HTH

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

did sound very cheap to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carriage service for a large pallete?’ is closed to new replies.