Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Carrera Subway 8 Town and Commuter Bike
  • plumber
    Free Member

Whilst my bikes are shipping from Canadialand, I'd like something like the subway 8 that may be useful in the future.

Cheap enough and wintered up. anyone have any experience with these. And yes Halfrauds will need to have their work checked by me 🙂

Thanks

Plum

sodafarls
    Free Member

I had an 05 or 06 subway 8 (that came with a Nexus hub and Nexave drum brakes). Paid £199 for it in the end of year sale. It was a bit heavy when carrying it up and down six flights of stairs to my flat everyday, but made a great reliable commuter. Could be a right pain changing a rear tube in the rain and dark on the way home from work with the hub gears and drum brake arrangement, so if that's the same spec for this year's model I'd spend some time practising that manouvere in the comfort of your own home and invest in some Spesh armadillos or something similar.

OMC
    Free Member

I bought a Subway 2 (pretty similar) a couple of years ago for getting to and from work. I also wanted a bike I wouldn't worry about leaving locked up on streets. They're cheap and cheerful and nobody has ever touched mine and I've left it over night in Bristol's town centre. While I wouldn't say it's a great bike and the parts are pretty cheap it does exactly what you want it to do. I cycle 20 miles a day on mine and have done for 2 years and as yet all I have replaced are the break pads, I've not even had a puncture. It's a bit creaky and the gears are a bit hit and miss but if It did get nicked id buy another.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plumber
    Free Member

Sounds like exactly what I need

Thanks

Plum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Carrera Subway 8 Town and Commuter Bike’ is closed to new replies.