Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carrera mech hanger
  • naffa
    Free Member

Hi all, a friend of mine bought a sh carrera tdf yesterday as his first taste of road biking. Trouble is on the first ride this morning the rear mech hanger broke.
    I’ve Google which mech hanger to buy but wothout much success.
    Anyone know which one I needs?
    Thanks Nathan

akira

Contact halfords, they’re the only people who will do the official one.

mattyfez

Yeh I think they are fairly standard on those bikes, but Halfords can supply one for about a tenner.

Take your old one with you when you collect the new one so you can make sure it’s the same shape.

You can also get them online from places like BETD, but they are a bit more expensive and no better than the standard Halfords jobbies in my experience (I’ve had both).

Northwind

If it’s a QR carrera they’ve been using hte same one for years, it’s also the same as the old On One Scandal one (source: fitted a carrera one to my scandal) and crops up loads of others- Meridas, etc. It’s a standard factory dropout assembly that gets welded into millions of bikes.

But the cheapest source was halfords when I wanted one, £7.99. I’m sure I should have aspare, I’ll have a quick look but I’ve no clear idea where it is

Hadge
    Free Member

naffa send me a picture of the mech hanger, even if it’s broken and I’ll identify it for you. It’s probably our hanger number 310 (BETD). Email me at paul@betd.co.uk

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The TDF hanger should be a off the peg item in most halfords stores.

naffa
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. Northwind if you could find your spare that would be great.
    I shall try to get the bike here tomorrow and I’ll have a clearer picture as it were.

Thanks Nathan

naffa
    Free Member

Just to bring this thread to an end and fior future reference I found the mech hanger on ebay model number GG21B.

Thanks Nathan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carrera mech hanger’ is closed to new replies.