Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Carradice on trend WTF?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Running into work today I saw 2 riders with carradice saddle-bags on, one “Ribble-boy” (see my previous thread) and the other a known fashionista – Rapha etc head to toe. Both bags were brand-new – they didn’t even have the taste to let them develop a bit of patina before parading them on their way to work!

When did these idiots take over this classic brand?

I’ve been running them for 20+years. Guess I’ll have to replace mine. What’s expensive, understated & individual, but not fashionable at the moment?

Stoner
    Free Member

With something like a carradice bag that can last 50+ yrs, its bound to go in and out of fashion a couple of times in its lifetime.

Like skinny jeans.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i hear ya ….

i felt like a bit of a tit the first time i took my brooks out …. splitting new brown saddle …. – now it looks like its been to hell and back 😀

my carradice looks ALOT better after alot of use – instead of starched and cardboard like its saggy and worn and the leathers gone that cracked brown way ….first audax i took it on – i got the disapproving stares of your post above from the still quite young in audax term guys …. the truely old legendry geezers couldnt give a shit if you turned up on a electric bike …..

new kit looks shit 😀 – much like my friends at school who would polish the white bits on their chucks …. mongs …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“A lot” – It’s two motherflipping words…..!

Carradice = “It’s like, so, you know, like totally retro, like”

trail_rat
    Free Member

ALOT ALOT LAOT AOLT TOAL ATOL ALOT ALOT ALOT A.LOT A LOT ….. just for you CFH

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stoner – you get 50 years out of your sister’s jeans?

I knew you were older than me, but I thought maybe 60 tops?

yunki
    Free Member

good god you lot really missed your calling as catwalk models..

‘oh my gosh.. it was like.. I saw Alan the other day.. and he was wearing like.. reeeahllly thin silk socks.. so I was like ..wowhhh I just have to have some.. ‘

maccruiskeen

Get Justin bieber’s face embroidered onto your saddlebag*. If you cycle fashion adversaries do the same it’ll demonstrate that it’s you, not carradice that is on-trend. If they don’t then you are back off-trend and order is restored.

* I mean your cycle saddle bag, not John wayne’s hairy saddlebag.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’m confused, I have a carradice saddle bag, but plastic, not the retro canvas one. Is it supposed to be scuffed or shiny and is it cool or not? I put some stickers on (cool ones), will that make it cooler?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Am I considered “on trend” if I go to the factory shop in Nelson to pick up their factory seconds at about half price ? …. No, I guess I’m still a cheapskate then. 🙂

ton

i have used carradice for 30 yrs, but of late they do seem to be a bit more ‘in’, which is a good thing.
    and i am on the lookout for a new offroadable sqr bag. and boy are they rare.
    anyone wanna sell me theirs?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ecky could you get me and ton some?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Carradice on trend WTF?’ is closed to new replies.