Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carphone Warehouse returns – anyone work for them?
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I need to return a phone I got from CPW website. Their returns phoneline puts me in a queue forever.

Does anyone have a direct dial office number or something I can use to get through any faster?
    Or perhaps works for them & can have a word with someone for me?
    Personally I feel that >15minutes waiting is more than enough!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nobody works there, it’s a phone in an empty room.

In Mumbai.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

try one of their bazillion shops?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Shop is potential, but tomorrow’s plan was to go to the beach and not have to go into town. 🙁

ScottChegg – I thought as much, although the rumour I heard was that it was on the moon, in a vacuum and this explained the lack of response?! 😉

geoffj

Shop is potential

I’d be surprised if they let you return a phone you bought online to one of their shops TBH.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I don’t expect them to, but I’ll prob. have to try nagging them to call up for me so I can get the returns authorisaton.

mrsflash
    Free Member

there is a website called something like saynoto0870 which gives you the land line number behind lots of 0870 /0800 etc numbers. Might be on there?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Got through to them in the end, within a minute of going on hold – trick was just to wait til 10mins before their office shut on a Saturday & everyone else is 8) out enjoying the sun.

2hottie
    Free Member

Dave I used to work for them it was shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try this number as I think it maybe the head office in London you can then get transferred straight away from there 020 88965000 would suggest doing this during office hours. Also the head offices are based over three sites one in tulketh mill Preston Lancs the other in Acton London and one in kelvin close Warrington. Also to remember they are totally crap and the management are **** twunts, I left due to being spoken to like I was 3years old and not being allowed to help the customers in YOUR position. They company policies are stupid. NEVER buy form CPW the more people who learn this lesson the better. The majority of the staff in the office I worked in Never bought a phone via CPW they would always go direct with the networks. If the number above is incorrect then pretend to be a store or another department calling in on the customer support number. The staff will ask for a store code number which will be on your receipt use this and you can get all kinds of numbers. The person on the other end of the phone maybe a jobs worth just says your computers are down or some crap like that. This kind of stuff goes for most call centres. I have picked up many tips form working in them. One is not to select a department when prompted by the automated answers Ie enter your customer account number, Don’t you will in most cases, be passed to an agent and save yourself many minutes of prompting to bullshite departments who are in fact the same bloody people!!!! The reason why this happens is to maximise efficiency and make you queue without knowing it. Also If the not keying anything in doesn’t work try the pressing zero a few times as this sometimes works. So as you can tell I hate CPW with a passion and I wouldn’t mind if they went belly up. So for all those people who have to deal with crap companies I hope the above information helps.

Good luck

PS. You do have the right to speak with a manager and do NOT have to accept a call back. I would make them aware that you have demands which you expect to be met and YOU set the time line as the staff are trained to pass you off. My old boss used to sit less than two metres away from me an he would try his up most not to answer the call until I used to tell the customer I would get the manager straight away lol

again don’t swear just be pushy and firm in your demands.

2hottie ex CPW mug.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Err ok, as per my last post i’ve actually sorted it out with no more hassle than was necessary.
    Although the central number you’ve gave me might come in handy if they try anything on later…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carphone Warehouse returns – anyone work for them?’ is closed to new replies.