Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Carphone Warehouse / Mobiles.co.uk Insurance fek up
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Need a bit of advice, brought a mobile through mobiles.co.uk (carphonewarehouse) they automatically add insurance on at £6.99 per month free for 1 month, now I took this contract out 14 months ago. I called and cancelled this 10 days after getting the phone, I also emailed to back up (lap top died since so cannot get the email) now my wife does all the banking but said the other day I was paying this premium (she thought it was for line rental so never mentioned it) in a nut shell they have not cancelled the insurance and I have paid for 14 months and around £100 for nothing. So options? I have emailed asking why they have messed up as I def called and emailed to cancel. I asked for a refund, if they say no what can I do? Claim with my bank in anyway? Any advice appreciated. Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

They owe you the £££.

Protected by direct debit? Might be easiest solution.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

You could submit a request under the Data Protection Act asking for a copy of all correspondence between you and them in any form, letters, forms, email and transcripts of calls. (Edit – make sure you specify that you want to be informed of emails/call logs etc that they no longer have access to. For example they know you called them @1455 on 1/1/09 but don't have a transcript, sometimes they don't tell you about these.)

You'd then get a copy of the email you need and then you'll have them bang to rights. Refund, interest and a bit of something for the trouble, ta very much. Generally things get sorted very quickly once you start playing this game because it's a massive hassle for the company involved.

It might cost you £10 to cover printing costs etc if they decide to complete the process but tbh they'll cave 99% of the time.

Works everytime for me.

If you don't get the email you want you can complain to the Data Protection Commisioner (I think it's called) and they'll be all over it like a rash.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

thanks both, im cheesed off that I cancelled it with out doubt, mobiles.co.uk just lied to me, asked why it was not cancelled they said "you need to call the insurance co on 0870 etc" checked, its the number for carphone warehouse. I said what thats the number for CPW which you are part of, "sorry sir thats the only contact details i have for the Insurance company" I said what are you on about, you, carphone warehouse etc are all the same company, you are just a trading name of CPW" basically being fobbed off from one dept to another.. ah well I will try THAT other number later and if no joy I will try the DPA request 🙂

Flaperon

Chat to your bank. Take in a copy of the email you sent to them asking for it to be cancelled, and ask for the money back. Worked for me with Virgin Media, got about £300 back though had to face the embarrassment of explaining to the bank how I hadn't noticed £30 leaving my account every month for nearly a year.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Surely you could get a copy of the email from your email provider, on your online account (or their backups)?

NZCol

*coughs*Type up a new email with the original date and print it out *coughs again*

Proves as much as the original ever did, email being a non-notified delievry system. If they say they have no record then it was them that lost it not you. Allegedly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Carphone Warehouse / Mobiles.co.uk Insurance fek up’ is closed to new replies.