Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carpeting a van
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Anyone done it? Looking to replace the dry carpet in our camper, never done it before does anyone have any tips? The dust it’s giving off it really bad.

badllama
    Free Member

I used carpet tiles save some back for high traffic areas.

Mugboo

The walls? I bought carpet and glue from megavan mats and followed the instructions, requires a little patience but it’s easy enough.

I cheated and did the long side (without sliding door) in two pieces.

My tip is to buy decent carpet.

mrjmt
    Free Member

As above, carpet from mega van mats. Really easy job if you get the proper stuff as it stretches to cover the different shapes.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Make sure you use decent high temp spray adhesive otherwise it starts falling off.. Dunlop high temp stuff is good

scotroutes

Megavanmat stuff is ideal. The adhesive was pretty expensive though – I just bought some from Screwfix.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

yes the walls need recovering. Its 16 years old and has started to get quite dusty. Its also getting a new bed and maybe an upstairs too.

CountZero

yes the walls need recovering. Its 16 years old and has started to get quite dusty. Its also getting a new bed and maybe an upstairs too.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

No amount of Hoover action deals with it. Rub the carpet and a layer of dust/old glue appears. Time to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carpeting a van’ is closed to new replies.