Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carpet, flooring, DIY sort of stuff
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

All around the edge of our carpets are apearing grey marks. It appears to be dust and dirt from under the floor. it is happening upstairs and down stairs.

Any suggestions to stop it before we try excorsism?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Try using a hoover!!!

wors

Second the hoover! 😀

bear-uk
    Free Member

Seriously the only way to stop it is to lift the carpet and silicone the underneath of the skirting boards. They do that in all the new builds now. Don’t use to much though as the carpet will not go over the gripper rods.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Give your char-lady the boot mate coz she ain’t doing a good enough job cleaning the carpets at your mansion. I’m sure you can find a very nice Pilipino girl who could do a better job 😆

takisawa2

Its usually a sign of a body under the floor.
    You must have two in your house.

MrNutt
    Free Member

time to treat yourself to a new hoover dear boy!

midlifecrashes

Plaster and dust shaken down the inside of the cavity? Have you given the wall a Big Bike Bash?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

knobs – The wife does hoover it regularly. The picture shows the carpet that was exposed when we moved a wardrobe.

mlc – External wall so no cavity but good way to mention the Big Bike Bash for which tickets are on sales at http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/tickets.php

bear – looks like I will have to get a lot of silicone then

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve worked in plenty of new builds and I’ve never seen anyone silicone under skirting boards, it’d cost a fortune! I wouldn’t fancy doing after the gripper rods were already in place either, you’d have no finger tips left by the end of the job.

2nd a more powerful hoover.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carpet, flooring, DIY sort of stuff’ is closed to new replies.