Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • carpal tunnel syndrome
  • samcamsdad

Morning stw

I’m going in for surgery for carpal tunnel tomorrow. Anyone off here had it done? I was wandering what the recovery was like, how long off work and how long off the bike.

Any advice on recovery very welcome.
    Cheers

mamadirt
    Free Member

No time off work although I kept it covered until the stitches came out and was off the bike for a week. Climbing felt a bit like holding onto broken glass for a month or so but soon passed and although I was told at the time the symptoms could reoccur, I’ve been fine since (had the op a good 6-7 years ago now) – still get tingling in my arm on waking but that’s it. Good luck!

samcamsdad

Cheers, most of my work at the moment is stone facing, so bashing stone with a hammer wont be good for recovery. I think ill be looking at 2 weeks off, at worst. were you ok drive the day after?

mamadirt
    Free Member

bashing stone with a hammer wont be good for recovery.

No, I guess not – take it easy. Being a permanent pedaller I’ve never been OK to drive either 😆 . . . sorry, on a more helpful note I’d imagine that driving may be inadvisable for a day or two – although mine wasn’t at all painful after the op, pressure on the area did sting a bit. I remember a nurse (who’d had the op previously) telling me to make sure to dose up on painkillers before the local anaesthetic wore off, but all was fine and recovery was pretty rapid. Hope all goes well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘carpal tunnel syndrome’ is closed to new replies.