Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Carnac enduro helmet – anyone got one?
  • bgascoyne
    Free Member

Looking on planet x web site and noticed the Carnac enduro helmet for a cheap £15. Is this helmet a case of you get what you pay for, ie is it cheap tat or is it actually not that bad?”Original price” of £50…so they say. Has anyone got one – any comments good or bad?

Cheers

wishiwascalledsteve

Had one for 18months now and my head is still intact…. Although only put it to the test once. The padding has started to separate at the forehead (but I’ve had that with more expensive helmets) and it can be a bit warm on climbs. For £15 I’d definitely get one

I think O’Neil sell the same helmet for three times the price.

ajantom

Pros – comfy fit (for me anyway), cheap, solidly built.

Cons – hot, pads seem a bit prone to disintegration (not happened to me yet though), non-adjustable visor that sits quite a long way into the top of your field of vision.

Mine has been relegated to spare/emergency duties.

andy4d

Had mine a year and it’s been fine. As others said the padding is not the best but for £15 who cares. Trying to decide if I want another myself.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

thanks guys. Just ordered one. Sounds like they are ok.

fuzzynod

bgascoyne im guessing you have had yours for a year now what do you think?

brant
    Free Member

£13 now.

Lots of feedback here:-

BACK IN STOCK AND ONLY £13 TODAY!On-One's awesome Enduro Helmet. Don't miss out.https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HEOOEND/on-one-enduro-mtb-helmet

Posted by Planet X Bikes on Thursday, January 17, 2019

And here:-

FULLY RATED ENDURO HELMET – £13Don't pay the scene tax! Get safe for less. https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HECAEND/carnac-enduro-mtb-helmet

Posted by Planet X Bikes on Friday, January 18, 2019

zippykona

I got one with the £30 voucher.
    It’s a large and it’s very wide. I have to run my glasses inside the straps rather than on the outside.
    The visor is too long.
    If anyone near Cheam wants it, it’s yours for free.

jimilindley
    Free Member

Yeah, only worn it once, but the visor is low and long

dirkpitt74

I’ve got the on-one and use it for winter and night rides.
    Fairly comfy and pretty well built.
    Great VFM.

andy4d

After posting last year i did buy the new orange/black on one version to replace my aging one. Not sure if it is my imagination or something changed from the older ones to the ones they have now but i find my newer one does not fit my long bonce as well and is a bit tighter on my forehead, seems more suited to a rounder head. Its a shame as its a great value helmet otherwise.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I have bought one purely to keep in the boot as an emergency on shit i forgot my lid moments .
    It’s low quality helmet .made in the far East .see O’Neil defender etc etc it’s the same
    As lids go it’s heavy not very well vented .the visor sits too low down and has to be done up tight to stop it moving
    It’s better than not wearing a helmet but tbh if there’s any area to be saving money a helmet isn’t it .

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I would not be buying a helmet based on price.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Carnac enduro helmet – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.