Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Carn Ban Mor – May 31st – any interest?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Its been a couple of years since I was last/first up Carn Ban Mor, and I’ve been itching for 6 months to get there.

Is anyone on here interested in joining me on Sunday 31st May? Not a date set in stone, but no later than mid-June (and pref a Sunday as I work Mon-Sat) I think to make the best of the weather 🙂

Post up if you’re interested, and will see what interest there is.

Cheers,
    Kit

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’d be interested but isn’t that the day after 10 Under the Ben? I might be a bit ****…

How about the following weekend?

househusband

Yup.

Mainly ‘cuz I think you’re cute, Kit, and relish the thought of pretending to crash into you when really I just want any excuse to come into boldily contact with you.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

😯

Maybe I’ll leave you to it, wouldn’t want to be getting in the way of something so beautiful…

Kit
    Free Member

I didn’t realised 10utb was on that weekend. Weekend following would be fine in that case.

And I’ll be making sure HH goes in front of me in future rides 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

i would … he(HH) was along side me yesterday and snapped his chain on a road incline … leading to him decking it pretty badly … could have been the end for me !

jimmy

he(HH) was along side me yesterday and snapped his chain on a road incline … leading to him decking it pretty badly …

Always has to be the centre of attention…

I’m keen for the ride, whether I’m available or not I don’t know yet.

lowey

Would love to come up Kit, but we are haveing the STW howgill ride that day.

Will Deffo have to impose on your local knowledge this year sometime.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

TWO STW rides on the same day ?? Spoilt for choice :o)

aviemoron
    Free Member

Hmmm, now this is a quandry for me: as a local I don’t really want anymore people riding up there (!). However, I would like to meet some of these famous STW types!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Keen to ride this, but may go down to do the Howgills ride. I continue to lurk and see what the numbers look like. If there are a monster unmanageable number of folks riding Sooth, I’ll head North.

househusband

How far South is Howgills?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

How far South is Howgills?

half way between Penrith and Lancaster

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If there are a monster unmanageable number of folks riding Sooth, I’ll head North.

given the terrain I imagine the riders will be well spaced out a lot of the time

aviemoron
    Free Member

Oh and just to let you know there’s fresh snow up there today…

fizzer
    Free Member

Was up there at Easter – enjoy

AJ
    Free Member

nothting to see up there, really it’s rubbish all four of the descents suck

househusband

nothting to see up there, really it’s rubbish all four of the descents suck

So, AJ, as a mountain biking coach in the Cairngorms we can take it straight from the horses’ mouth – it is indeed pish..? 🙄

Excellent, can’t wait to find out for myself! 8)

Yetiman
    Free Member

Here’s a couple more pics from 2 weeks ago to whet the appetite. We climbed to Sgor Gaoith then back over Carn Ban Mor and down. Excuse the picture quality they were taken on my phone.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Probably going to go up and do this next week some time. Anyone got any advice on the best way up/down? I’ve walked over there (in the snow) but never been on the bike.

swavis

I’d like to do this again. Did it 3 times last year, it’s ace!! 😀

fizzer
    Free Member

We rode up the land rover track (all rideable) to Mullach Clach a Bhlair summit

Then followed the track across the plateau to Carn Ban Mor

Then went out to Sgor Gaoithe

Back to Carn Ban Mor for the long descent into Feshie and the return ride to Loch Morlich YHA via Rothiemurchus. Sorry no pics on the descent ‘cos it’s that poor we didn’t want to stop. Easily the best day I have ever had on a MTB.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Was there a consensus on a ride date?

cynic-al
    Free Member

did he not post up about doing it on Saturday past?

arfur
    Free Member

Done a few rides in this area and always wanted to know if it is possible to climb / scramble (with a bike)up to sgoran dubh mor, or sgor gaoith from loch einich? Would make a nice loop round feshie and einich.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Carn Ban Mor – May 31st – any interest?’ is closed to new replies.