Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carn Ban Mor descent options
  • dh
    Free Member

I think i’m one of the few on here that hasn’t done this – hopefully will soon be putting that to rest this weekend though. As long as the snow stays away anyway….

Looking at the OS map it looks like the route down splits slightly and gives two different tracks down. Is either one better than another? They both finish at very similar positions at Auchlean, just wondering if there is any advantage of one over the other.

TIA

Dave

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As I remember there is only one obvious line actually on the ground

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

As TJ says, when you get there, there is just one obvious path – the other one on the map effectively doesn’t exist

dh
    Free Member

Thanks gents.

rthomas17
    Free Member

Rode the descent this weekend, was hoping for a fast blast down after all the climbing, but had to tackle 100s of drainage ditches that have now been put in. I think I liked it, certainly something different. anyone else risen this recently?

dh
    Free Member

Must of just missed you – I did it as well on Saturday.

Didnt really like the drainage stuff tbh, punctured a lot – do to lack of skill of course. Don’t think i’d bother again, unless i get tubeless tyres.

Lovely wee bit down through the forest mind you.

Dave

rthomas17
    Free Member

There were 4 of us on Sat – two punctured. Easily done. Certainly had to concentrate – bunny hop, drop off, step up – repeat x 100.
    The loose stuff through the forest was fun though.
    Perhaps I’ll do it the other way round next time – fancy blasting down that land rover track….

devs
    Free Member

If you didn’t “like” the water bars then you would have hated the trail before as it was pretty tech with lots of big rocks to navigate round or over. The top is still great and so is the bottom. There is still enough tech interest where they haven’t put the path in the mid section and evn the new path is fun I thought. If you are looking for swoopy fast fun then it won’t be your thing! I reckon with a couple of rides and knowledge of the new bits that a few of the uppy downy water bar step things can be used as doubles! Learning to hop would increase enjoyment and decrease punctures!

rthomas17
    Free Member

I like techy rocky stuff – and I liked the hops and step ups. However, swoopy no-brainers would have suited my energy levels more after the climb.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carn Ban Mor descent options’ is closed to new replies.