Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Career happenings that make you smile.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

For a number of years my missus struggled to get a promotion at work (NHS) despite being the most qualified and suitable candidate – she didn’t get on with her ambitious manager. She ended up having to move to a different trust to get that promotion. Well less than two years later her talent has been recognised again (promoted) and she is now back working at her old place of work and is her former manager’s boss.

I love that kind of thing.

You have any similar stories?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Not me but a friend, very talented designer but after the first 18months in first job was told she wasn’t really up to scratch and had her salary reduced (which was illegal) she ended up leaving.
    2 years later she was winning awards for her work and even collected one from her old boss, she tipped him a sly wink and smile.as he handed over the award 8)

grahamt1980

Happens more often than people realise.
    Show’s that it is always worth making the effort and not being a shit to your staff as they might end up being your boss and remembering how you were.

project
    Free Member

Always remember the ones below you on the way up as one day they will be your boss as you go down .

peterfile
    Free Member

That’s heartwarming stuff 😉

I was bullied by a more senior colleague for a couple of years. Strange to even write that, it never felt like “bullying” at the time. Anyway, I’m now a client and he is on the team we’ve instructed for a bit of work. I don’t imagine he’s had a decent weekend in a while 🙂 Karma, bitch.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never happened to me but I just love this sort of thing.

‘They don’t like it up em!’

MoreCashThanDash

Being passed over for a promotion to the job I had been covering for 6 months because they needed to have a female manager – our independent fraud investigator overheard the conversation and offered to give evidence for me if I took it on. 4 months on I took over from the lady who got the job as she wasn’t up to it.

Then after that I turned down a job offer with a 50% pay rise. The recruitment agent nearly had a heart attack. When they upped the offer to a 60% rise I accepted it.

Been pretty much downhill for the last 15 years mind….. 😕

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Career happenings that make you smile.’ is closed to new replies.