Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Career Counselling – anyone done any or want to give any?
  • olddog

I’m at a bit of an impasse workwise. I took redundancy about a year ago and after this time off (actually I have done some biking related voluntary work and it’s been great for my fitness!) I am looking for a new direction. Given a blank bit of paper this seems harder than I imagined – I’ve had a go at one of those structured thinking type books, but all it told me was that I am interested in loads of disparate stuff and like people.

I’m not under financial pressure so can take time working way into a new job, but am drifting a bit.

Professionally I’m a qualified accountant so could get work through an agency (and have been offered work through ex-colleagues) but not really what I want to carry on doing.

I realise I’m in a fortunate position with all this, having the luxury of an opportunity to make a second career choice

Interested of any experiences of mid-life (I’m mid forties) career changes or of using career counselling?

ojom
    Free Member

Talk to rickmeister on here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Career Counselling – anyone done any or want to give any?’ is closed to new replies.