Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cardiff Rides n clubs
  • matt23
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Looking for groups who ride regularly in the Cardiff area – weekly rides or weekend jaunts. Getting back in the saddle after a 2year abscence (don’t worry been out on a raod bike for 3months getting the fitness back!)!

any info much appreciated!
    Cheers

saxabar
    Free Member

I believe there’s a group that meet in Tongwynlais (sp.?) at the Lewis Arms on Wednesday evenings.

mrmchammer
    Free Member

yup, they/we meet at 730 at the lewis arms every wednesday. Good bunch of people that come out and a very wide range of bikes and abilities. Its a short ride that ends up in the pub up the road (black cock) for some food n beer at a bargain price of £2!

theres also a group that ride on a tuesday night from the bike shop in caerphilly but dont know about the details (i guess you can ring shop?)

Also a fair few riders on a sat morning if your free

Good times!

matt23
    Free Member

Cheers for the info….not fancying first couple of rides in the night maybe a new year thing definitely.
    Sat morning rides sound ideal – know any details of these rides?

Coming from central cardiff and ain’t got a car but would travel to get riding! Cna’t bloody wait to get outh there and get muddy!!

gearfreak
    Free Member

We have two weekly rides from Castle Bikes in Caerphilly.

Mon eve – fairly easy ride, meet at the shop at 6pm (beginners and getting back into it riders very welcome)

Thurs eve – a more technical and longer ride, meet at the shop at 7pm. (At least a couple of bods ride over from Cardiff for this ride, but that adds a fair bit so you might need a bit of fitness)

Lights can be rented for a £5 for club rides.

The shop is above the railway station if you just want a short ride.

There are also occasional weekend rides, we have a forum on our website, feel free to post up for a saturday ride.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Cardiff Ajax might also be worth a look, they are mainly a road club, but are starting to run some regular MTB rides.

cubemeup
    Free Member

look out on the castle bike rides some lad called james is suppose to be a right flyer!!

SaxonRider

matt23, I will be able to ride Saturdays in the (near) future. As it is, there has also been a Sunday morning ride running for some time. I would suggest you visit mtb-wales.com, as someone just had that same question answered on there. It’s a slow forum now, but it still boasts some good members.

coatesy
    Free Member

Often got one going from upper (Forest Fawr)car park in Castell Coch on Sundays at 10am, but e-mail me if you’re coming as we sometimes start elsewhere.

matt23
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys!
    SaxonRider – that was me on MTB Wales – I’m pimping myself out!

Any more info greatly appreciated – I have two weeks till my shinny new bike arrives and I can’t bloody wait!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cardiff Rides n clubs’ is closed to new replies.