Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Card fraud (CRC again?)
  • onehundredthidiot

Damn it. After laughing at SbZ with regards his card fraud a few weeks ago i now find that i’m a victim (no not ex emptying my accounts). Talk about kick a fellow when he’s down.

Question is, if i paid by paypal can they get my card details? Thought i’d be safe but it may be that they got the details through CRC. I feel a phone call coming on.

wwaswas

if you used paypal with CRC then that’s not who your details were lifted from.

cp

CRC and their systems would never see your cc details – they just get ‘tokens’ from paypal and get the funds direct from paypal.

have you used it elsewhere?

Jgmoores
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better I paid a Portugese phone bill yesterday morning. Mighty nice of me considering it was £120!

toby1

Do you have a key logger on your machine – was 3D secure used as part of your transaction? – as if the password to this was also compromisedthen it’s likely the only place that data was captured is from your machine!

cp

OP suggests he used Paypal so wouldn’t have used 3D secure…

onehundredthidiot

So it can only have been from a petrol station or supermarket then?

But they had the details to carry out internet purchases which would infer more details than just PIN.

uplink
    Free Member

So it can only have been from a petrol station or supermarket then?

Petrol Stations are probably the most compromised point of sale in UK card fraud

cp

depends. o2 are famous for only needing card number and expiry date. At a place i used to work, all we had to do was download daily orders within one big database which had card details within, then when dispatching punch card number and expiry into the card machine…

petrol stations have a reputation for card fraud – there’s one near us which got done for it, ‘an unscrupulous employee’ was skimming details. quite easy to install some sort of imaging device around the counter to see the card being used.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ho and indeed hum. What petrol station did you use?

onehundredthidiot

Esso on Queensferry road. Assuming that it was done within the past week. THe one we stopped at on Thursday.

project
    Free Member

opposite the new and old B and q.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Card fraud (CRC again?)’ is closed to new replies.