Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • carbreakdownrescuecovertrackworld
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

hi, anyone got Startrescue breakdown cover? it says like this: “Which? Recommended provider August 2016” and cost half the AA/RAC/Greenflag for the cover I want.

or recommend me some?

revs1972
    Free Member

Used them for last 4-5 years. Full works costs me around £40 a year.
    Used them several times, including a full recovery when the locking wheel nut key broke.
    Can’t fault em

wolfenstein
    Free Member

thanks dude. bit mix in the reviews websites really, would nice to know whats the STW collective mind on this

revs1972
    Free Member

I think their model is based on using garages / recovery trucks in your area, so I can imagine you may have to wait a while at peak times. When you do need them , they keep in contact with you by phone, and pretty much give you a ten minute window as to when help will arrive.
    I also have Asda breakdown cover on my T4 , but not having had to use it , I can’t comment ( strange how the 20+ year vehicle breaks down less than the newer one :lol:)

Marko

I’ve jumped around from several of the insurance based recovery/breakdown service companies over the years, but only used once by the OH. They came out quickly and changed the flat tyre for the spare.

I don’t think they all go out and set up their own network of local garages, more likely they buy in from one of the other services that use independants – Green flag or similar maybe?.

So just find the cheapest and go with them would be my advice.

Hth

Marko

Ambrose

Breakdown/ recovery comes as a benefit with my bank a/c. It’s a simple phone call and then they sort it all out, using local garages. It’s been great so far, especially on a wet December evening on a slip road onto the M4.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I get Seat Assist for free as long as I keep my car serviced at the dealer.

I used to use Greenflag with a massive staff discount for being in RBS, they *can* be cheap, but they cost it based on vehicle / age so not great if you’ve got an older car. They don’t have their own fleet, not much of one anyway, they used local garages and trucks, always worked well for me.

phiiiiil

I’m with asda; they punt the work out to local garages. The one time I’ve had to use them, they phoned back about fifteen minutes after my initial call saying the chap might be up to an hour and a half… just as the guy pulled up!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘carbreakdownrescuecovertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.