Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carbon wheels direct from China – Anyone tried these?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331694791802?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&var=540815332113&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I’ve decided to keep my ti bike for summer duties only so could replace my more burly commuting wheel build for something carbon and aero but it’d have to be on a budget. I know the novatec hubs are supposed to be decent so really it’d come down to the quality of the rim and the wheel build itself. Has anyone bought these or similar? Anything unknown that I should be aware of? Cheers

njee20
    Free Member

Not ones that cheap, I’ve got FarSports 38mm rims, which seem excellent in the limited use I’ve given them. I’d sooner buy from a ‘reputable’ Chinese seller than faceless eBay merchant, but no real reason for that, it’s just a case of where your line is so to speak!

timbo678
    Free Member

Yes, mine were about £280 though and were amazing, strong, light and well built

Poopscoop

That’s scary cheap, the ones in that link! 😯

kimbers

WOW thats cheap

if they were disc hubs id happily put them on a commuter, I much prefer discs for commuting

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 njee20. I looked at generic and cheap eBay/aliexpress but decided I wouldn’t have confidence in them, so that would have been money wasted. Went for LB in the end (and then some USE 4.5s on sale from Rutland, so I have superlight or aero to suit my mood!).

spxxky
    Free Member

Bought similar from Ebay last year except with straight pull hubs… amazing for the price… did 4000km in 6 weeks of riding and racing in Asia during the summer – not a single problem except that I got stung for tax!

whereisthurso
    Free Member

How much did you get hit for and how did that come about?

spxxky
    Free Member

Rather than have them posted to the UK, I thought I’d get them posted to where I was going to be riding… They imposed the equivalent of about £100 tax before customs would release them – not sure if that was legit but ended up paying it – cost me about £370 all in, still not bad for what I got. You’d probably be OK getting them delivered to the UK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbon wheels direct from China – Anyone tried these?’ is closed to new replies.