Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Carbon Transition Scout
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

404. That’s an error

darrenspink
    Free Member

Arse now thats gone

Images are still about though…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    darrenspink
    Free Member

Frameset USA MSRP $2999
    The Scout has been one of our more overlooked bikes in our line. People are now just starting to catch on to how fun and capable this little bike is and now it’s available in carbon. Touting all the great features and geometry of the aluminum Scout with a large reduction in weight and no compromise in strength. The carbon front triangle, seatstays and chainstays provide an amazingly playful feel on the trail or playground. Featuring the same dialed geometry and GiddyUp suspension as the alloy version, the carbon Scout is even better at turning trails into playgrounds. The fully guided internal cable routing for rear brake and derailleur are easy to use and rattle free. The collet main pivot keeps the rear end stiff and the threaded bottom bracket is a mechanics dream. All with around a 600 gram weight savings over the aluminum Scout.

“Whippy. That’s the most accurate word to describe the ride of the Scout Carbon. The bike’s dialed trail geometry and laterally stiff carbon frame makes it one of the most playful, grin-inducing bikes on the market today.” – Ryan Palmer, Bike Magazine.

LOADED WITH FEATURES SUCH AS:

Not 27.5+ Compatible. Fit’s up to 2.5? tire with plenty of clearance for mud.
    Playground Specific Geometry – Long, Low and Snappy
    Giddy Up Link Suspension, 125mm Rear and 140mm Front
    Integrated Rubber Chainstay Protection
    Collet Style Main Pivot Hardware
    ISCG05 Chainguide Mounting
    Full Size Water Bottle Fits Inside Front Triangle
    User Friendly 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
    Tubes Inside Tubes Internal Cable Routing for Easy Setup
    Medium Frame Weight With Rear Shock: 6.2lbs.

matt_outandabout

The red one – oh yes please.
    Battleship grey? Oh dear.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Drat. I wanted a Scout but was let down by the Hong Kong distributor. I have a vastly excessive SC Nomad instead. Now I’m going to have to have a bout of wondering whether it makes sense to do a frame and fork swap….

🙂

fathomer

I do not need, I do not need!!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Fancy an ali Patrol frame for my next build, any news on the 17 frames yet?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Fancy an ali Patrol frame for my next build, any news on the 17 frames yet?

2017 stuff on now… https://www.transitionbikes.com/

Not that keen on the graphics myself.

jamj1974

I love my Patrol but the graphics are a little too ‘1986’ for my liking…!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I had a go on a patrol and wasn’t that impressed… Madness I know

russyh
    Free Member

Standard 142×12 rear drop outs as well I see. I am Sold. But £2200 for a frame set look a little too strong for me. The alloy frames look like they have been styled by On Ones Codine graphic design team….

Northwind

Colours are a bit staid considering how hard they try otherwise, doesn’t really seem to match the image, I’d have expected something eyeburning, and probably something black with a ridiculous name.

SirHC

But £2200 for a frame set look a little too strong for me.

Will be more like 2700-2800, if you use the Patrol Ali/Carbon difference as a guide

darrenspink
    Free Member

The alloy frames look like they have been styled by On Ones Codine graphic design team.

That was exactly my first thought.

typer
    Free Member

I’ve pre-ordered an alloy Patrol frame in the neon teal colour. Should be here sometime in august apparently 🙂

The carbon scout looks great though!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

After 2 years on my yellow Scout (still the best colour), the Carbon Scout press release email just arrived in my inbox.

The red one looks lovely. The bank balance says no.

jairaj

Will be more like 2700-2800, if you use the Patrol Ali/Carbon difference as a guide

Phew!! Lucky that’s way out of my price range at the moment. Looks like my Bandit will stay for a while yet.

… checks on ebay for going rate for kidneys …

pigyn
    Free Member

Frame price is £2799

Transition 2017

Anyone that voted leave and feels that’s too expensive, it’s partly your fault.

Looks great though, can’t wait to have a razz

prezet
    Free Member

After 2 years on my yellow Scout (still the best colour), the Carbon Scout press release email just arrived in my inbox.

I will contest and argue the green was the bester’est 😀

I’m liking the ‘Blood Orange’ carbon scout, but at £2800 it would be grounds for divorce if I turned up at home with one.

EDIT: That grey makes me sleepy…

tom85_4
    Free Member

So just over a pound lighter than the aluminium frame, not bad at all!

I do really like my 2016 scout so not tempted at all,honest.

Like the grey.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I will contest and argue the green was the bester’est

Ah, I think we’ve been here before, which was partly the reason for my comment.

Both better than the new graphics though.
    They did the similar with the Bandits and Coverts, the later couple of editions went a bit mingy paint job wise once they started playing with graphics. They make gorgeous looking bikes, why try and hide the shape?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Video is here for the bike:
    https://vimeo.com/173828109

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bung edit out the s of https

… and thanks

thepodge
    Free Member

Minor thread resurrection.

What happened to the Trans Am?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Personally, I think that Grey Scout would look great with a set of bright red Mattocs on the front…and some red highlights in places.

z1ppy

I know I might be seen as biased, owning an alternative short travel 29er, but boy that looks to be one exceptionally ugly bike 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@zippy I love the looks of my Covert but have to agree the recent bikes are a bit quirky.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Transition Scout’ is closed to new replies.