Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • carbon stoppers
  • M6TTF
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Keep up 😉

Very good price through their Kickstarter page (or they were last week).

Conan257
    Free Member

But very, very expensive.

njee20
    Free Member

No they’re not… $170 for a pair, they’re not much more than Hope floating rotors or XTR Ice Tech.

Conan257
    Free Member

$170 = what in £’s? I’d hazard an educated stab in the dark at £170 once import/vat etc is added on.

2 hope floating rotors would cost £74 at full retail… I doubt 95% of riders are going to find a need for these, and at that price I don’t think they’ll get much share of the market…

danielgroves
    Free Member

$170 = ~£106

Could be worse, but could be a lot better.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s $170 for a pair, shipped from the States, so yes, just over £100.

Yes they’re marginally more expensive than Hope, they’re half the weight. They’re not going for mass-market takeover, it’s a niche product, which seems pretty good.

You’re a cheerful person.

juan
    Free Member

Not sure they will work though, in MotoGP when it’s rainning they use to have one carbone disk changed for a steel one.

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, and my instinct says they won’t work as well as a steel rotor, but apparently they’re not the same as MotoGP (or F1) ones, which require far more heat to work effectively (and thus don’t work properly in the wet).

messiah
    Free Member

If you have a dig around there and on the Facebook page they answer all the obvious questions asked in great detail… it looks to be a very well though out product.

juan
    Free Member

messiah they are hardly going to tell you the rotor won’t work

njee20
    Free Member

Edit: Moto GP brakes are carbon/carbon, and require lots of heat, these aren’t, totally different material.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Juan – they are hardly going to make it if it doesn’t work
    Im guessing they may have thought a little about heating issues and the correct material properties required to apply the technology to mountain biking

Or perhaps they just found some carbon sheet in a bin and cut some circles out 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

they are hardly going to make it if it doesn’t work

unfortunately a lot of stuff on kickstarter doesn’t see the light of day, even when funded. There’s been a few where things have gone badly wrong for the people and they’ve been stuffed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘carbon stoppers’ is closed to new replies.