Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carbon soled shoes and Look spd's (bimbo roadie Q)
  • cinnamon_girl

According to the Look manual, my (Northwave) carbon soled shoes should have been supplied with an abrasive sticker that fits between sole and cleat. They weren’t.

Is this essential and, if so, what else can I use please?

As always, thank you so much. 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

i didn’t have an issue with my Nike’s. Are the carbon soles of your shoes smooth? i have seen that some carbon soles are rough in the cleat area know to get round the smoothness issue.

Should also say, not seen Northwave soles recently, are they a visible carbon weave or carbon reinforced plastic, the former tend to have a smoother sole than the later, i have used both sorts with needing a sticker.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the reply. Just checked – sole is carbon reinforced plastic. Have looked on Northwave website but no info there.

Do you mean you haven’t used a sticker?

mrmo
    Free Member

a carbon sole, if you look you can see the roughness northwave have applied where the cleat goes.

and this is the carbon reinforced type, no weave visable and not as smooth.

The nikes i used to have were similar to this

a very shiny smooth sole, which is when you should use the sandpaper, although i didn’t.

damo2576
    Free Member

It’s just to stop cleat slipping on sole of shoe. Wind it up tight enough and it won’t anyway imo

cinnamon_girl

Thanks again. 🙂

Yes, I see now, mine aren’t bling like those above. Can’t believe the price of some of the roadie shoes. 😯

Have tightened the screws pretty well and now have to get used to some different pedals as well as weird shoes.

Cheers for your help. 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carbon soled shoes and Look spd's (bimbo roadie Q)’ is closed to new replies.