Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Carbon Smuggler FFS content
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Feature_SmugglerCarbon.cfm

Why can’t they just say aluminium is out now carbon comes in 6 months. ordered an aluminium smuggler with assurances carbon smuggler was 18 months away.

I feel used….

[video]http://vimeo.com/249437283[/video]

I wonder if I can change the order

tomhoward

I wonder if I can change the order

To a more expensive option? Yeah, I reckon you’ll be ok, if you ask really nicely…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

From wat I understand/was told none of the UK dealers knew the carbon Smuggle for Sentinel were on the way.

Some loyal Transition riders I know would have bough these bikes if they had known they were coming but instead went with other companies…..

bigjim

to be fair I doubt the importers would have known much about when they were coming into the UK and transition probably didn’t know much more. The alu one is just fine anyway.

Are there even any coming into the UK soon?

lawman91

Well the bike I said all along could replace my T130 is now a reality… I need to test one of these soon! I hadn’t actually looked at the geometry in any detail but had been throwing some numbers around in my head if I could make a 29er exactly how I thought would be ace, 470-480mm reach, 335mm BB, 460mm seat tube, 425-430mm chainstay, 66.5 degree headangle, 76.5 degree seat angle and by Christ with a 130mm fork the Smuggler wouldn’t be far off that! The frame weight is actually respectable as well rather the 9lb monsters the aluminium ones turned out to be. Now how can I afford one?!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

8 weeks for delivery here in Sweden, apparently slightly less than the price of a sentinel carbon. Ho hum

pigyn
    Free Member

As a Transition dealer I had no idea until I saw it on Pinkbike. That MAY just be because I can’t be trusted. I can’t. Other dealers may have been well aware

lawman91

Also work at a Transition dealer and had no idea this was coming, or the carbon sentinel. They have gone quieter on new models after leaks of the carbon patrol and other models, had very little info on the SBG bikes before they came out, saw it all online before we had any info

poah
    Free Member

if you really want carbon you can cancel your alu one and order a carbon one.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeah the guy I ordered it through is a friend and trasintion dealer. He had no idea and was in fact led to believe by transition that nothing was planned until 2019. Just seems a bit of a weird system.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I very nearly bought a sentinel but went for a Rallon instead due it been carbon, lighter and better value. Previously had a smuggler and a covert, loved transitions but I’d be very pissed off if I’d bought an alloy sentinel, ridden it then found out a carbon one was coming out straight away.

Alex

I bought a 2017 frame at a great price in September. I really do like the smuggler and I like that Carbon one even more. Impossible for me to justify. but it’d go nicely with my Mojo3 🙂

Until I can actually ride again due to ‘frankenankle’ being an 8 week recovery, it’s all moot anyway. Somehow it’s worse when you can’t ride, you just end up looking at new stuff more often!

Bit cheeky of Transition tho.. I asked at the NEC show if a carbon one was coming, and the fella said ‘no plans’. That was late September!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a good friend is a transition dealer and he was very insistent that they said one would not be coming out in 2018. I think I’m still going to go Aluminium tbh, cant really justify it and a carbon frame would mean I would have to cut costs on wheels etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Smuggler FFS content’ is closed to new replies.