Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon shoes and saver plate
  • jordie
    Free Member

i have just got my new shiny carbon soled shoes and i am wondering about
    putting that metal savers on the sole.Do i really need them or do i just
    screw on the cleat and get trucking.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Last pair of carbon soled shoes I bought (spesh) lasted a year before the wear near the cleat (Shimano) caused the sole to crack. Needless to say new pair have got the crank bros plates installed.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Quite a common problem with carbon soled shoes. I originally thought it was only a problem with Time cleats but it seems Shimano cleats are even worse offenders for cracking the soles.

DeanoT
    Free Member

I noticed that Sidi do a plate to fit Egg Beater cleats (Chain Reaction have them) which looks like it’s shaped to only fit that cleat – any suggestions for a plate that works with Time pedals?

jordie
    Free Member

Yes it is Time Atacs that i have.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve got the first gen carbon road shoes by shimano,used on spds, never even thought about protecting the soles and they are still going strong.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Same as me both road and MTB carbon soles, never had a problem, perhaps you chaps having problems are over tightening the bolts.

DeanoT
    Free Member

I haven’t cracked through the carbon, just worn a groove with the Time pedal (specifically the bar that sits behind the cleat). My plastic soled shoes have similar wear, just not as extreme. Would be good to alleviate the problem by protecting the sole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon shoes and saver plate’ is closed to new replies.