Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Carbon seat posts, actually any comfier?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Starting to feel my age a bit and thinking about comfort 🙂 Would I actually notice any difference going from a what is probably a rather beefy alloy post to a carbon one?

27.2mm and I have quite a lot of post out the frame, enough that I had to buy a 390mm one to get a good margin in the frame

I think I can live with not adjusting it because I never do anyway, seems like a lot of faff.

dazh

I changed my 30.9mm Thomson Alloy post on my BFe for a 27.2 carbon post with a shim and the difference was pretty amazing. I went from from feeling like I was being booted up the backside every time I hit a bump to almost feeling like I had suspension.

Adjusting the height is fine too if you don't mind the lacquer on the post being scratched.

plumber
    Free Member

zertz carbon post onmy cross bike, absolutely

Though I might die because of it

Aidan
    Free Member

Yes, I noticed a big difference swapping 27.2 Thomson to FSA carbon and back. I bought the FSA cheap though and it's slightly too short for me, so I've had to stick with the kicks up the arse for the sake of my knees.

warton
    Free Member

Here's a question, and a bit of a hijack, would it be safe to run my carbon wrapped alloy seatpost of my roadbike on my 456?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Carbon seat posts, actually any comfier?’ is closed to new replies.