Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • carbon saddle rail help
  • yorlin
    Free Member

tl:dr : confused by alleged “carbon rail standard” for saddles/seatpins

Was looking in the Edinburgh bike sale and am quite interested in a cheapy Toupe Pro saddle road saddle
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/specialized-toupe-pro-saddle

But I’m kinda thrown by this in the description “Should only be fitted to seatpins made for the new 7x9mm carbon rail standard.” I’ve googled about but can’t find anything? Any help would be much appreciated. Also scare stories about carbon rails etc etc!

Cheers in advance 🙂

Pridds

Oval rails, you can get new heads for some seat posts but it mostly a road thing
    This sort of thing
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-seat-post-clamp-for-carbon-rails-alloy-1-bolt/

yorlin
    Free Member

Ah, cheers for the info.

Some proper googling has found too many forum threads about carbon rails snapping though… Maybe ti is the way to go, I did like that sale white one though!

globalti
    Free Member

Somebody on Cycle Chat has a white Charge Spoon she wants to sell, if you’re interested? £15 posted.

yorlin
    Free Member

Will pop over and have a look ty!

globalti
    Free Member

You need to ask Saluki. I dunno if she’s got an ad on the classifieds.

globalti
    Free Member

Chief, if you’re interested in the saddle, PM your email address to me and she will get in touch with you.

alanf
    Free Member

It probably depends on how the clamp works to how it would affect the rails.
    The Ritchey one above clamps from the side which would be an issue as the rails are stretched top to bottom, so a round clamp wouldn’t hold the oval rail in the correct places. If the clamp is from the top/bottom then it should hold the rails correctly even though they are oval.
    However, I’m no expert and this could all be rubbish, but it seems to work fine with mine (It’s not a toupe but has carbon rails).

howarthp

Personally I wouldn’t get the Toupe Pro as a lot have been returned due to snapping mid saddle. The S Works is heavier as it has been reinforced in this area (and is 2x the price…)

globalti
    Free Member

The white Charge Spoon is available if you contact Raffie at email: mmgrooming at live dot co dot uk

scaredypants

Oval rails

OH, thank God !

We’ve been crying out for the round saddle rails crisis to be solved for as long as I can remember.
    🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘carbon saddle rail help’ is closed to new replies.