Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Carbon Road Forks
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Curious, do carbon road forks have a life expectancy? or more precisely a life expectancy that the average rider is likely to encounter?

I have a set of 4 year old Bontrager carbon forks on my Lemond and wondering how long till i need to consider replacing them.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You will die.

Horribly.

mrmo
    Free Member

yes, yes i know but will it this week or next?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not as far as I know. They’d have to tell you when you bought the bike wouldn’t they? Otherwise it could be a childs face.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve changed my mind about carbon. I realised the other day I’ve broken plenty of steel and aluminium things. Never anything carbon. And I’ve tried.

crazy-legs

I’ve changed my mind about carbon. I realised the other day I’ve broken plenty of steel and aluminium things. Never anything carbon. And I’ve tried.

Mike Hall did his round the world ride on a carbon bike with carbon wheels on the grounds that it doesn’t fatigue fail like metal does.

Article here about it, read Mike comments on carbon.

martymac

as an alu/ti/carbon sceptic, i would trust carbon over alu for long term use.
    as long as it hasnt been scored or otherwise visibly damaged.
    alu has a well known limited life expectancy due to fatigue, carbon doesnt suffer from this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Road Forks’ is closed to new replies.