Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon Rims????
  • xc4pot
    Free Member

Does any one have any experience with the carbon mtb wheels from DT swiss.

Thinking about getting the new EXC400 rims on my current 340 hubs, or exc1550 completes.

I know they are new the but they have had the xc race stuff on the market for a while.

Also considering the mavic crossmax st, or the new easton haven wheels.

Or any other suggestion, looking for some light, stiff trial wheels.

Kramer
    Free Member

Did you say trial? Or mean trail?

njee20
    Free Member

Flashy and overpriced. They do nothing that aluminium rims don't. If you must have carbon then look at Edge Composites rims.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    0091paddy
    Free Member

I once ruined a set of carbon wheels in a race when someone crashed into me. Not cheap to fix, and they weren't even mine!

Regarding those DT's, I'd have a look on the forum on xcracer.com

njee20
    Free Member

Weight Weenies is a far better resource for talk on carbon wheels, most people on XCRacer have more sense.

stumpy01

There's a test in MBR (yes, I know….the mag that everyone hates) this month of carbon fibre wheels sets.

I think the summary was that some were good, some were no better than aluminium wheels that cost, less but with all of them there was some question over longevity in a mountain bike environment as it's all a bit of an unknown.
    The wheels they rated the best I think cost £2700 & if you damage a rim that needs replacing then it's £950 to replace!!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

2m on google shows they are n lighter than stans rims!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Rims????’ is closed to new replies.