Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • carbon rigid forks advice please
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys I’m really wanting some Niner carbon forks for my Ibis Tranny but they are so expensive!! Are there any similar looking forks that will do the job but arent so wallet bashing?? Thanks.

Northwind

I’ve got a set of Hylixes which is a similiar looking design, scary-light but they’ve been fine for me (Trail_Rat broke a set I think)

ratherbeintobago

Hi guys I’m really wanting some Niner carbon forks for my Ibis Tranny but they are so expensive!! Are there any similar looking forks that will do the job but arent so wallet bashing?? Thanks.

Won’t the Niner forks have too long an AC anyway?

rewski
    Free Member

Kinesis

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve read in places that they are the same length as a fox 100mm fork.

The Angry Singlespeeder: 26er or 29er – Which was Faster at the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo?

ratherbeintobago

The Niner AC is 470mm; as far as I can work out, an F100 26″ is 471, but the sagged length is going to be about 435-445mm. The Niner fork will effectively slacken the HA by what? About 1-1½°?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes I’m thinking that and to be honest it’s my training road bike so I’m guessing it will be fine. But I am needing advice in this area as it’s all new to me.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thinking about it a niner fork would be fine as I swap between 100 and 120 on my revs now on it . but I would like to find a cheaper fork if possible.

flange
    Free Member

I have both the kenesis and the niner fork – the niner is lovely if you have the cash but the bolt through kenesis fork is almost as good and much cheaper

ratherbeintobago

… but the AC of the Kinesis fork is 490mm which will slacken the HA by another degree(ish).

MRP (formerly White Bros) do a rigid carbon fork in a variety of lengths. There’s a 445mm one, but it’s only the 465 & 490mm that come with a 15mm TA if that matters.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘carbon rigid forks advice please’ is closed to new replies.