Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carbon post slipping in Ti farme
  • strike
    Free Member

I have a Ti frame (Titus) with an Easton EC70 post, and over the course of an hour, it’s slipping down about 50mm. The seat collar is a bolted type (ie not QR) and I’m using Pace carbon grease.

Any other ideas/fixes???

Picto
    Free Member

Possibly try carbon paste – use that with my steel frame and carbon post. Seems to grip better. Not sure if you would get issues with the carbon and ti fusing though.

lucien

You can also buy some of this Grippy Grip Gripper– it’s like Vaseline with sand in it.

Works a treat as I had the same problem on a Selcoff seatpost / Ti frame

strike
    Free Member
    Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Don’t use grease.

andyl
    Free Member

As he says in his 1st post he is using Pace stuff which has the grippy particles in.

I would take it out and clean out the frame and set tube with some degreasing bike cleaner (and/or isopropanol) and then try again with the Pace stuff.

How gritty is it? I have the finishline stuff which is quite gritty.

If you bolt up and don’t adjust then you can get double clamps that clamp the bar also but need to be very careful with them on a lightweight post (carbon or aluminium)

njee20
    Free Member

Not wishing to insult your intelligence but is the post the right size. Titus changed from 31.6 to 30.9 a few years ago. I had one of the formers, and Titus US still managed to successfully clamp a 30.9 in it. Left a great stress mark on the top of the seat tube.

That a lot of slipping if all’s right and your using carbon assembly paste.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I had this issue with the same make of post and a Dialled Morning Glory and went to progresively sturdier seat post clamps which made things a bit better but never really solved it.

I measured the post (27.2mm) and found it varied in size from 27.1 mm to 26.5 mm and was up to 0.5mm out of round too.

So check your post size first because no amount of carbon paste will take up that amount of variation

Solved by swapping to a Thomson post and a ti railed seat

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve had the reverse problem with my EC70. Its was larger than the specified 27.2.

Fortunately, I’ve eroded a fair portion of the lacquer and its about bob on now. I guess their QA is a wee bit off.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbon post slipping in Ti farme’ is closed to new replies.