Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Carbon Paste + Reverb
  • jodafett

I’m finding my reverb twists in my carbon frame and I’m really having to crank up the clamp. Would carbon paste improve things or is it just for carbon on carbon.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Use of carbon paste is recommended in the Reverb instructions. It definitely helps.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

carbon paste would be recommended anyway if its an alloy/carbon interface.

This would also help with clamping forces by increasing the friction between the two.

Scapegoat

Assembly paste is designed to increase friction so you don’t have to clamp as tight. It works. I used TacX assembly paste.

jodafett

Cheers, I just thought the paste was for carbon to carbon. Thanks all.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I use it in my alloy kinesis frame to stop the slightly worn 2nd Thomson post from slipping down

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep that and a bolt up clamp so you can do it up with a torque wrench. Finally what fixed the Reverb vs LTc issues we were having here

matther01
    Free Member

+1 for Tacx…used on Reverb and LEV

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Any links to where I might buy some of this magic paste?

chris_db
    Free Member

Make sure you don’t over tighten the seat clamp, it will make the reverb stick.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

What colour is it? My Reverb seems to have some white coloured substance applied.

andyl
    Free Member

the finishline is kind of grey colour.

White sounds like grease or a ceramic (like shimano stuff) anti-seize. Probably grease if it was put on by a bike shop.

zangolin
    Free Member

Finish Line Fibre Grip is clear and feels gritty.

andyl
    Free Member

well translucent grey/tinted

BigCol
    Free Member

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3336&p=103136&c=215&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Lubricants%20&%20Cleaning

I’ve had really good results with carbogrip where friction paste has failed, or left things still a bit creaky (carbon bar in ‘dal OPI stem….)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Paste + Reverb’ is closed to new replies.