Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Carbon HT Choices?
  • malchales
    Free Member

Need a winter project for next season! What frame or low spec bike with decent carbon frame? i fancy either the giant adv x3, trek 9.7 or C`dale flash 4 and put all my decent componants on it and use the swapped parts as basis for a winter hacker! Any others to consider?
    frames; XTC advanced, i can get good discount!
    Kinesis k180?
    Scott scale? any others?

wwaswas

the Kinesis seems to be very popular with all who ride it.

njee20
    Free Member

Pedal Force off eBay, has to be, you'll be able to build one more cheaply than anything above.

malchales
    Free Member

How light are they? are they well made?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Ibis Tranny????

foxyrider
    Free Member

Kinesis are awful – don't buy one – a real nich make 😉 I'd never think of getting one 😕

BTW the KM810 is £999, the Whyte 19 is £1300 – thats the sum of my knowledge on costs 🙂 Scot Scales look nice to ride erm…. erm….

Daffy

BIGMAN – Member
    Ibis Tranny????

…at £1400 it can hardly be considered cheap + I doubt you'd get a discount from anyone.

malchales
    Free Member

The whyte 19 carbon is nice! I`ve already got a kinesis xc2 frame its good but the paintwork is awlful and chips really easily. Pluss i had it stolen and returned after some git decided he wanted it. It just dont seem right anymore!!! So want a new carbon ht race bike….

Marmoset
    Free Member

Have a look for a Rocky Mountain Vertex 50 RSL on sale – great frame, feels like a race bike and trail bike in one with the right setup – I got one and heavily upgraded it – I now see them on offer for quite a lot less than I paid…

Dibbs
    Free Member

I spent a day with a Whyte 19 Carbon a while back, very nice.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I built this from an ebay deal a couple of months ago, its a fantastic ride.

njee20
    Free Member

How light are they? are they well made?

Mine was 1240g and much better made than I expected!

Ended up at 19.7lbs with Rocket Rons and ti Egg Beaters. Was a nice little bike. Someone will probably point out that I didn't keep it very long, so can't confirm the longevity, but don't know of anyone to have had problems.

malchales
    Free Member

Must say the ebay bikes look pretty good. Who and how much does it cost to to get em painted. And of course theres the longtivity of the frame? Ive got sids, xt/xtr and stans 355s so should`nt be too heavy. njee20 which frame was the one pictured?

malchales
    Free Member

njee is it really riigid or quite compliant enough to ride 4 hrs pluss? its going to be used for enduros?

z1ppy

Dave @ Colourtech in Dartford 01322 555549 (can't locate a website) apparently does carbon fibre resprays, so maybe able to help.

malchales
    Free Member

thanks z1ppy,i put the number in my phone. Pluss its not to far from Brighton.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

malc hales, If you buy from Hong Fu Bikes they can custom paint to your own design for approx $50.00US extra.

njee20
    Free Member

This is the same as my one, there's plenty on there, just search for 'carbon MTB frame' and look at the international sellers.

It was more compliant than I expected, I've not ridden a hardtail for a while, but it was better than I remember my 06 S-Works Carbon Hardtail being, which was the last one I had! I'd certainly have ridden it for 4 hours without concern.

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got an old Giant XTC composite and have been very happy with it, but it has been upgraded significantly, only thing left to change is the crankset/BB but until the original truvative one dies I simply cant justify it.

grtdkad

I can confirm that the Whyte 19 is ace. It still surprises me with its acceleration …
    …19…

tony24
    Free Member

one 1 456 carbon or whippet?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Carbon HT Choices?’ is closed to new replies.