Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • carbon handlebars. .. which would you recommend?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning….

will be ordering my new bike tomorrow allong with a few immediate upgrades. One of these will be a carbon handlebar. So what, oh wise STW, do you recomend? Itll be going on a 29er, needs to be…minimal rise or flat, 700mm to 740mm. Light and strong.
    cheers

richmtb

Easton in a width to suit

Done

tomhoward

what he said /\

tang
    Free Member

Easton, niner, enve, truvativ, Thomson, syntace, use…..Budget and preferred sweep are the factors!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Got to say, it’s going to take something pretty special to tear me away from Easton bars. The only thing that might, just might do so at the moment is Renthal.

kimbers

+1 for easton on 2 bikes, Im not gentle and they are both going strong after 1000s of miles

poah
    Free Member

Easton haven is a nice bar plus its fairly cheap for carbon 711mm width

dirtyrider
    Free Member

whats the bike? no point someone recommending Enve Sweeps if you’ve got a DH bike coming

daftvader
    Free Member

Looks like its Easton in the lead then….

njee20
    Free Member

Easton don’t do a wide flat bar thought do they?

Mt Zoom for me, there’s a new non bar end version coming which is 117g.

rewski
    Free Member

Easton havens here, I wanted something wider on my 29er so went for the kinesis struts, awesome bar with a great sweep, choice is pretty awesome these days. Pro are worth a look too.

misinformer
    Free Member

I think I have had Easton bars for as long as I can remember even before I took a break from the pastime it was Easton

fivespot
    Free Member

Just fitted Kinesis Strut R750 to my bike the other day. Product description said 167g, put them on the digital kitchen scales and they were bob-on 167g. Only tried them once, but they felt fine, very stiff given the light weight. They have less of a back sweep than my carbon Havocs though.

Northwind

I like my Havens but they’re not the lightest or the widest… Think I will be going Kinesis or maybe Mount Zoom next time.

Gee76
    Free Member

New raceface stuff is nice, flat and wide but bit pricey yet.

Have you looked at exotics flat bar. Been running one for is bit and all good. 760mm and about 175g, only about £60!!.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I’m using the raceface sixc carbon bars. Seem good to me but the buying process didn’t really involve comparing anything other than price 🙂

Northwind

This is second hand but I’ve heard that the Raceface bars have no resistance to brake fluid, and that raceface don’t consider it a warranty issue if they get damage- so careful how you bleed!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you ridden the 29er already? Mine seems to require a nice wide bar.

Just gone from a 762mm Sunline to a 750mm Easton Havoc carbon and I’m missing that little bit of width.

Anyway, I have thoroughly crash tested the Havocs with four or five heavy crashes – including one that broke my arm. And the bike fell off the back of the car at about 25mph at one point.

They are scuffed and even deformed a little bit at the end, butstill going strong and I still have faith in them.

Would probably only replace with a slightly wider version of same, especially if they did a flat version.

daftvader
    Free Member

No I haven’t ridden the bike yet (I know I, I know, I’ve done the numbers against everything else I’ve tested tho)so will probably wait and see what width they are… i have 760mm nuke proof bars on the chameleon so can test them against the existing ones if I feel that I need wider ones

njee20
    Free Member

I’m currently hovering over the buy button on the mt zooms

Note that’s different to the bar I linked to – they now do a slightly narrower one, but it’s a chunk lighter for virtually the same price.

I’ve got some of their low risers and they’ve been great. Got one of those flat bars too, just not fitted it yet.

slackalice
    Free Member

So??!! C’mon, what frame have you gone for? Don’t keep us in suspense please! 🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

Hi Slackalice…. wait for the pics 😈 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘carbon handlebars. .. which would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.