Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Carbon Handlebars on Ebay – Fake?
  • jekkyl

£11.73 free postage, UK seller:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=262600320722

Genuine on CRC, £94.99
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/race-face-next-carbon-riser-bar/rp-prod106590?gs=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4fy_BRCX7b6rq_WZgI0BEiQAl78nd9IYttuDuTOkMtGL6BPKZ0oDghQy8h2Xhgxy96yMpUoaAmve8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wadda ya reckon? fake? worth a punt? 😕

also:

This quick disassembling carbon fiber handlebar is easy to use,and one of the best gifts to your friends
    With the special design,the carbon fiber handlebar can save for a long time.
    The carbon fiber handlebar is made of high quality carbon fiber.So that you can use it relieved.

So I can use it what….

tomd
    Free Member

A guy who sells hair extensions and woman’s dresses on ebay is clearly only going to sell the very best carbon bike components. Go for it.

retro83
    Free Member

So I can use it what….

“quick disassembling carbon fiber” doesn’t sound ideal either TBH

tomhoward

The description fills me with confidence. If it’s one thine I look for in a carbon bar, it’s it’s ease of disassembly.

Not fake, just shit.

Edit, ah, seen the rest of the pics. Fake and shit.

snaps
    Free Member

Contact details:
    Jie She
    Level 8 Zuellig House Building
    10500 Bangrak District, BA
    Thailand
    Good luck with that.

jekkyl

I’ve reported them, there’s lots on there from various sellers but all have the same weird description.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve reported them

To RaceFace or Ebay?

I guess the way you can start finding out if they are genuine is to speak to RF?

njee20
    Free Member

Or apply common sense?

mccraque

That’s got “Nose to stem” written all over it!

atlaz
    Free Member

If you have to ask, of course they’re fake.

lovewookie

To be fair, I’d be a little nervous about a 140g 700mm long riser bar from anyone.

plus-one

Looks totally legit most likely a raceface clearance centre 8)

jekkyl

I’ve messaged race face on their Fb, if they reply I’ll update here. I suppose there’s a slim chance they’re legit.

otsdr
    Free Member

Fat chance.

tomhoward

it’s more likely the earth will stop turning.

dirtydog
    Free Member

I’ve reported them, there’s lots on there from various sellers but all have the same weird description.

Are they fake though (in the eyes of the law)?

Doesn’t actually state they are RaceFace bars, guessing their argument would be that they’re carbon bars with RaceFace decals, don’t know if that is illegal, surely I can put whatever stickers I like on my bars, if you see what I mean?

In actual fact they’re listed as Generic/Unbranded, mmmm.

They’d probably sell (con) more if they weren’t as cheap, price is a give away.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I was in school with a lad who rode a lot of motorcross.
    One day he was JRA when his bar snapped on one side. He fell forward and the stub sticking from one side of the stem went into his neck just between his jugular and wind pipe. He lived.

deadkenny
    Free Member

100% fake

dirtydog – Member 
    Are they fake though (in the eyes of the law)?
    Doesn’t actually state they are RaceFace bars, guessing their argument would be that they’re carbon bars with RaceFace decals, don’t know if that is illegal, surely I can put whatever stickers I like on my bars, if you see what I mean?

UK law, they’d come under counterfeit goods / fraud which is criminal law by passing off a fake item as the genuine. Would also breach copyright and trademark but that would be civil law for the manufacturer to prosecute. If it explicitly said it was an unauthorised copy, then it’s not illegal, but they can be taken to court (good luck with that when the real ones behind it are in China).

I’d contact RaceFace and ask if they have specific identifying marks, not to mention highlighting the listing to them anyway. Many brands now add special markings that are difficult to fake and trackable seral numbers.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/have-i-just-purchased-fake-raceface-next-bars

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/components/catch-counterfeiter-sketchy-world-fake-bike-gear

pinetree
    Free Member

Hahaha! The “next” graphic looks as though it’s been drawn on with a silver glitter pen, like the type your aunt writes Christmas cards with (we’ve all got one…)

I wonder how many people actually buy these.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Handlebars on Ebay – Fake?’ is closed to new replies.