Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carbon frame damage?
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have a Giant Fastroad Comax which I use for commuting. The Comax is a flat bar carbon frame road bike.
    I had a crash on Monday where the back wheel slide out from under me whilst going round a corner/junction and I came off.
    I have broken the bones in my ankle and require surgery on it to plate and screw it back together.
    The question I have over the frame is that the bars where spun right round and the shifter paddle has hit the frame. This has chipped it down to the fibres. Would you think that the frame needs replacing or that it would be ok. I’m going to take it to the local giant store for them to look at but would appreciate and thoughts before I can do this.
    I will try and upload a photo of it.
    Cheers

owenfackrell
    Free Member

oliverracing

Giant will likely say replace (wouldn’t you if you could sell another frame) but I’d say that’s completely fine and really just chipped the paint off.

40mpg

Plenty people do good carbon repairs. GA Cycles in southampton are always posting pics on their FB page. May be worth looking at this option if you Don’t Want to splash on a new frame or go the insurance route

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’d ride that. Just fill it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carbon frame damage?’ is closed to new replies.