Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Carbon forks off eBay anyone tried em?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been done to death, but looking at some carbon rigid forks on eBay branded as exotic. They have a carbon steerer too….

I have one of their stems, which is ok, but anyone have any experience of them?

Not intending to do anything daft on them….

druidh
    Free Member

Same as the Superstar / White Bros / Nukeproof ones IIRC

clubber
    Free Member

I've got the aluminium steerer exotics and they're fine. Certainly on a par with anything else I've used and as stated they make forks for a lot of 'proper' brands

gtkid
    Free Member

two sets of forks and 3 stems later I can't fault them, one fork been used weekly for 18+ months, quick delivery too. Look different (better!!) to the SSC ones, can't comment on the others.

Northwind

I have the carbon 130mm corrected Exotics for occasional use on the Soul, they seem very good. Exactly the same as the Nukeproof ones other than the logos. I did go with the alloy steerer though, not that I don't think a carbon steerer could work, I'm just paranoid. They're not massively stiff, but then that's by design, some people want a fork like a scaffold pipe but I don't.

I do remember reading about a bad warranty claim someone on here or maybe Bikeradar had with them, the stem came loose and they refused to replace it, blaming the owner. Hopefully I'll never have to test that!

KarlE
    Free Member

I have got the carbon 29er 1's, 6 months later and am very impressed with them

mollyiom
    Free Member

Im using a pair on my 29er and they have taken some serious shit, great value me thinks.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Get them from here they are cheaper.
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/index.php

They are fine, been around about 10 years.

MrTall
    Free Member

I have a set of the Trigon full carbon forks and they are very nice indeed. They seem to be exactly the same as the Ritchey version which are over £400 but are only £130 ish. Weigh a measly 500g and seem pretty strong although i have to admit to hardly riding them off road as they are on my old commute bike (run with vbrakes).

dobo
    Free Member

had the 26" disc exotics with alu steerer for a while now and raced on them too, they decent weight strength combo.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Torn between a set of the Carbon exotic's and On-One cro-mo's.

Bit of retro style 'light' off roading on my Inbred.

Anyone ridden both for comparison?

zaskar
    Free Member

Not sure I would buy any carbon fork off ebay for safety.

Do you ride hard? or just xc? I've gone back to rigid steel so I don't have to watch my fork move around and creek.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Steady slower rider. Not heard anything bad about exotic
    and they seem to be tested and warranteed to destruction.

Northwind

Zaskar, what does the place you buy it tell you about safety? ❓ If you buy the exact same fork from CRC for £170 would that be safer?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have had a set of them there exotic forks for just under a year and they have taken some right abuse. I am by no means a smooth rider and I have never had a reason to feel unsafe on them.

mollyiom
    Free Member

zaskar – Member

Not sure I would buy any carbon fork off ebay for safety.

Do you ride hard? or just xc? I've gone back to rigid steel so I don't have to watch my fork move around and creek.

Well i can assure you i dont pussy about on mine and i have never had reason to worry about my forks. Think you must read to many mags. Just ride 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Carbon forks off eBay anyone tried em?’ is closed to new replies.