Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Carbon Fibre Frame Repairs
  • landofgiants
    Free Member

Has anyone out there had any issues with a carbon mountain bike frame after repair? Spent a week in Scotland in November hammering trails on my rocky mountain vertex team rsl. At the end of the week noticed that there was a 40mm hole/crack in the downtube, approximately 100mm from the bb housing. It broke my heart!!

Was recommended by local bike shop to get it repaired by a local boat builder who works with carbon fibre all the time. The repair looks really robust. Just wondered if anyone has had a similar repair and suffered any issues once back on the trails?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ive got a cannondale supersix hi-mod which had a 1cm hole in the top tube,

story goes that the frame was brand new hanging in the stand and someone knocked the bars which swung round and punctured the top tube,

was repaired, i bought it, i ride it like i stole it

loads of before and after pics here

http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk/index.html

i didn’t repaint mine, as id rather be honest should i come to sell it

MikeWW
    Free Member

I’ve used the company above twice. Top tube on a road bike and top tube on an MTB. Repainted and decaled afterwards. Perfect jobs and no worries at all

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chief9000
    Free Member

Can you post a picture of the repair?

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Did mine myself top tube about 2mm from bars. Got CF & resin etc rode it for about another 3 yrs races & welsh trails no probs passed it on now

nikxl
    Free Member

I used fibre-lyte in northumberland. Dont have the bike anymore and I wouldnt be able to show you a photo of the repair because you couldnt see it the repair and the airbrush work were of such a good standard.

Used one prior to them down south and they put a 3k weave patch on a UD frame. To this day I dont know why I paid them

chriswilk
    Free Member

fixed a large crack in the seat tube of a scott scale hardtail myself, with one of the £30 quid fishing rod repair kits.
    Solid as a rock so far (8 months).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Fibre Frame Repairs’ is closed to new replies.