Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Carbon cyclo cross frames – light and long- which one???
  • BARDSTER
    Free Member

Can anyone suggest a cyclo-cross frame that is lightweight and long? I currently have an Empella Bonfire – 56cm.(bit too heavy these days!) I end up running a long stem, and thus going over the bars a lot, esp in the 3 Peaks. I also have a 58cms Jake, but feels like riding a gate!
    Guess I am an odd shape – 6 feet… short legs, long back…
    Have looked at Ibis Hakkalugi and Merida frames, but geometries look pretty standard… Any ideas???
    Cheers!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I use Kinesis csix . Not sure of geometry but doesnt feel that short and have used it for road rides for a while when I was stuck. May be worth a look ?

I am similar build, short legs long arms which means bikes can often feel too short.

BARDSTER
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner!
    Thanks for the link.
    BTW, link many others, the missus loves your log pile!
    Ha!

BARDSTER
    Free Member

Thanks Margin… looks interesting…

organic355
    Free Member

these on one dirty discos look interesting.

Any news on full builds getting sold in the future? I know if I just got a frame I would end up spending a fortune and stick SRAM rival/red on it!!.

brant
    Free Member

Rival bikes coming soon.

organic355
    Free Member

Sorry does that ^^ mean that Rival bikes will have full bikes soon, or there will be full bikes avaiulable soon with SRAM Rival kit?

I assume the latter?

Any word on full build specs and prices?

Stoner
    Free Member

If PX can do the carbon road pro with rival for £1k, and the f&f list is about £550 ish, then I guess the dirty disco will probably build up for not too dissimilar a price.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’d expect they’ll sell it for a bit more. The Kaffenback drop disc is £999 (reduced from £1,199), and you can get the frame only for £199.

Stoner
    Free Member

true. I imagine the BB7s cost a bit more wholesale than the apex calipers specc’d on the Pro carbon Rival..

And the kaff wont have model b wheelsets.

hammerite
    Free Member

The only reason I know this was I was trying to guess which wheels they would use, then stumbled across the Kaff build (well not stumbled as it’s the first thing you see on the homepage!). This is what’s on the Kaff

Mach 1 250 Rims On Deore M525 29er Wheelset

Stoner
    Free Member

I see what you mean.

If you take £1200 list and take off the £260 list of the Kaff F&F, then the build is say £940.

If the F&F List for the disco is £600, then the list of the Rival build would be somewhere around £1500.

hammerite
    Free Member

Yep, sounds about right.

Shame my current cross bike is Campag or else I’d be tempted to get the Disco F&F, BB7s, wheels and swap everything else over. Seems to be a pain to get wheels which take disc and are campag compatible.

Stoner
    Free Member
    organic355
    Free Member

Ohh I want one.

Any idea what mudguards would fit it for occaisional commuting duties? i know it dosnt have mounts.

hammerite
    Free Member

I think you might struggle to get the usual recommendations of crudguard and raceblades to cover wide tyres Organic. Not sure what to try.

Stoner – certainly wouldn’t be happy with that if I was spending £1.5k. However, my cross bike gets used and abused during racing and general duties so I wouldn’t be too fussed overall as long as it’s structurally sound. Would expect a reasonable discount though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Carbon cyclo cross frames – light and long- which one???’ is closed to new replies.