Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carbon Cycles (Exotic) 750mm Riser Bars
  • jambon
    Free Member

I’m tempted by these:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=94&p=1063&

They are to replace an Easton Carbon CNT Monkey Bar that’s too narrow and too ‘harsh’.

Just wondered if anyone had tried them.

I really like the feel Answer Pro Taper Carbons but can’t afford and missed out on the recent CRC reductions.

I’ve got one of their carbon post on the road bike and is really nice.

Ta.

dantsw13

I’d say they look identical to the Mt Zoom risers I’ve just bought, which get good reviews.

daveh
    Free Member

Bargaintastic, very tempting, and their other stuff is generally good.

GeForceJunky

157g sounds very light, wonder how strong they are.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

GeForce Junky – Member
    157g sounds very light, wonder how strong they are.

That is my only worry too. For some reason, if they were about 220g then I’d be more confident that they’re strong enough. I know that weight and strength might not be a direct correlation when it comes to carbon but it still worries me.

bwaarp
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you do? If your not doing long day epics I wouldn’t bother with more comfortable bars – what you gain in comfort you lose in terms of control.

I came off really comfortable springy Syntace Vector Carbons to hard as nails Spank Aluminium 777’s and it really is quite a revelation. The former just kind of dulled the feel of the ride and the input was less direct.

Also for the record Syntace, Easton Havocs and another companies are just about the only carbon bars that have passed the German VR3 safety standard for downhill. Not that I know or really give a **** about what that means but you might want to look at the safety testing that has been done on these bars.

Products from nice big companies have usually been rigorously tested.

jasonm945
    Free Member

They’re not identical to the Mount Zooms, but they have the same rise etc as the kinesis bars, the only minor problem you may have is that they haven’t been in stock for at least 6 weeks…

I have the flats and they are very good, I was looking to get another set and am still waiting!

Jay

bwaarp
    Free Member

May I suggest a simpler vastly cheaper fix for your hands.

Push on wired grips. Eg Renthal Soft compounds…more rubber more damping. If you install them correctly and maintain them once in a while you will never have a problem with twsting.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

bwaarp….the OP says his existing bars are too narrow as well as too harsh???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Cycles (Exotic) 750mm Riser Bars’ is closed to new replies.