Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Carbon CX frames?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Other than the Calfee Design frame does anyone know of a carbon cyclocross frame that has a rear disc mount?

Cheers

Ken

myheadsashed

orbea carpe diem drop can be used for CX with a change of tyres 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

had a look at that and it certainly fits the bill but a mate has just dropped the titanium bomb on me……….might have to have a rethink now

Any suggestions on the ti front welcomed too

Cheers
    Ken

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Lynksey???

Nice Ti CX Frame…

druidh
    Free Member

Van Nicholas Amazon has disc mounts – but not the Cross model. Team it up with a Kinesis DC19 fork.

ken_shields
    Free Member

the amazon is ok but I don't want canti mounts tho' and I don't want to buy a frame and take a file to it

I already have the dc19 fork on my kona

druidh
    Free Member

Given that the UCI has only just sanctioned the use of discs for CX events, your options are going to be very limited.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Give it a year or two and you'll be swimming in carbon frames with disc mounts.

njee20
    Free Member

Give it a year or two and you'll be swimming in carbon frames with disc mounts.

+1

ken_shields
    Free Member

I reckon they'll be about by the end of the year

Might have to go with custom Ti then

Sam

I'm thinking Ti cross frame with disc mounts. Drop me a line and we can talk if you are interested Ken.

Filthy
    Free Member

Enigma Element looks nice, it has a disc option and I'm sure they would build a Ti version if you asked them nicely. In fact if I could afford one at the moment I think it would be sat in my garage right now… Maybe next year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Carbon CX frames?’ is closed to new replies.