Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Carbon Bars
  • four
    Free Member

I’m looking at carbon bars as I have CTS and want to reduce the buzz on my hands until I go for the operation after the summer.

My bike is an Orange Four and I ride XC on the Southdowns and Blue trails.

Can you recommend a decent carbon handlebar please? I’m thinking Renthal Carbon light to replace my Renthal ally one (I’ve but them down)

Thanks.

ads678

Have you thought about trying Ergon Grips?

funkmasterp

Ergon grips with a spank vibrocore bar might help

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Some thoughts over on this thread Carbon bars – yay or nay

I’ve recently moved from carbon bars to aluminium and if anything I find the ally bars more comfortable. Granted I’m only two rides in so hardly statistically that valid yet 🙂

four
    Free Member

I have Ergonomic grips and they offer no benefit for me over the standard Orange ones, I plan to try ODI Rogue.

Also been thinking about Oozy Vibrocore bars or the Spike cut down.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have Ergonomic grips and they offer no benefit for me over the standard Orange ones, I plan to try ODI Rogue.

I used Ergos. Hated them with a passion. Keep coming back to Rogues, although Deathgrips look very interesting.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’ve got fatbar lites on both my main bikes, the carbon version on one and aluminium on the other.

The carbon one is visibly more flexy if you lock the fork and push down on them but out riding I can’t really feel much difference between them. If i had to pick though I’d say the aluminium ones where more comfortable.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Renthal made my wrists ache. Angular thing, not vibration. Now on Easton, much nicer for my wrists, no more aching.

four
    Free Member

Which Easton did you get?

vincienup
    Free Member

You can’t really make generalisms about carbon bars, no real reason why they shouldn’t be stiff and buzzy or flexy and quiet – just depends how they’ve been constructed. They aren’t really much lighter than decent ally bars, true – but if you have enough lightweight stuff around the front of your bike you could fairly easily take half a pound off, possibly more. Whether that matters more than the money doing it costs is a different matter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Bars’ is closed to new replies.